or Connect

Posts by AJ's mommy

Hi, I co-sleep with my 8 months old DS while DH sleep in a separate bed (by choice since he needs lots of space to sleep). DS1 (3) sleeps in his bed in his room. Most nights DS1 wakes up to go to the bathroom, but he doesn't go by himself. So, I have to go wake up DH so he can go check on DS2 in my bed so he doesn't wake up and fall of the mattress (it's on the floor but still). Sometimes DS1 falls right back asleep, but sometimes I need to stay with him until he does...
Hi, I hope I'm posting this in the right spot. We are leaving next week for a 12+ hours drive trip to Canada. I was wondering if some of you might have suggestions for me to keep DS1 (almost 3) occupied. He doesn't watch any TV so the DVD option is out. He is a really good traveler and we did this trip with him many many times already. I just feel at his age he might get bored of just seating and watching outside We will need to stop often so I can nurse DS2 and DH will...
I'm sorry but I'm not liking been here so much anymore The ped we took DS2 for his first visit was not really supportive of anything I'm doing. She told me to breastfeed him every 4 hours (not when he wanted to nurse...well I listened but didn't do it of course!!!) Right then I knew she wasn't for me. Plus I told her we weren't vaccinating and she looked at me like I was crazy... she said ok but only until he was 1... our insurance doesn't even cover her! Would I have to...
Well I guess we are also illegal with the pediatricians visits We went for the DS2 1st week visit but that was it and DS1 has not been to one yet! I don't really believe in wellness visit in North America either, so I'm not starting in Germany. No we don't have any friends with the homeschooling problem (since they all send their LO to school, mostly private or international schools, they cost too much money IMO), but I will ask the other Americans/Canadians my husband...
Well I didn't know my state but we are in NRW!!! So, is my only option to avoid the test (I know it's still in 2 years, but I want to be prepared) finding a accredited distance program from the states for DS to try to get an exemption? Thanks again. I'll check back to see if anyone else has more info or advice for me.
Wow thanks Summer! That test sounds a bit scary! Do they test the kids in German or English? What if DS doesn't speak any German by 4? Even if we would love to learn some I don't think he would know a lot by 4! We are already teaching him English as a second language. So I guess I'll start looking in what my bundesland's requirements are? I mean how could my DS go to speak therapy when he doesn't speak the language??? I don't want to traumatize him... Do you think like I...
Thanks so much for the info Plaid Leopard!!! I know I still have some time before worrying too much, but I like to be prepared... We are actually French Canadians but we have been living in the US since 1998 and are planning to go back there when we leave Germany. So, I guess unschooling is pretty much out of the question (as it is really what we want to do!!!) If we need to follow a curriculum, is someone testing the kids at some point? You know since we want to unschool...
Hello, I've been doing some researches and I found that in Germany it's basically illegal to homeschool. My husband will be working here for possibly the next 5 years. After that we are going back to the US. Our DS's are 2.5yo and 3 months (he was born here). We want to homeschool, but I'm wondering if the mandatory school laws apply to us also... Anybody has any thoughts or info on that? Thanks
We are taking him to the chiropractor on Wednesday, so we'll see how that goes! He did take the left breast since I posted but only after nursing on the right side and not all the time. Maybe it could be the taste or the letdown too. We'll see after Wednesday! Thanks for the suggestions...
Yeah to that!!!! That's good news! Does anybody know if the mandatory school law also applies to US or Canadian citizen living in Germany? My husband will probably have a job here for the next 5 years and by then DS1 will be 7.5 and DS2 (born here in Germany) 5.5! We are planning to unschool and after reading how the Germans don't allow homeschooling I'm starting to worry. We will eventually go back to the US but right now we are here. Anybody have any ideas if we will be...