or Connect

Posts by aitara

Dear Mama2Tristan, I am in the same boat here. My dd is also on Miralax and still holds in her poops - she had a painful one at 1.5 yrs old and it started then. The poops come out anyway - very runny and soft - and we have lots of clean ups all day long. It takes a lot of time and it is not easy. It is hard when you also have a baby or toddler and it is hard to make plans for the day when you are waiting for your child to poop, isn't it. Take care of both of you is...
Ok, thanks everybody! This actually happened to take care of itself. She willingly let her daddy bathe her the next day and also has bathed today and is letting me wipe her bottom and even change her diaper. I guess that it just depends on her mood. I will remember your ideas if this happens again! Her bubble bath stuff is very mild and all natural, no sodium lauryl sulfate, nothing strong chemically. I forget what company makes it, but we've had no problem using it...
Hello mamas, maybe someone can help me. My 3 year old hates getting her diaper changed. She hates having her bottom wiped and so I have been giving her a bubble bath instead after changing a poop diaper. But now she won't even take a bubble bath. Her bottom looks sore and red and she just cries and is so scared to have it wiped or bathed, and I'm worried that it is going to get worse. Tonight I called her dad in to help me, but he saw how distressed she was and just...
Thank you ladies, especially singermom for the explanation I was looking for and also for pointing out the situation with my mom and dh. That is so right on! He said that from now on he will do the dishes at night - a helpful step - I bet this little bit will go a long way, but I would still like more. Its hard cleaning up and him just lying around watching without feelings of resentment surfacing. On the other hand, he does work hard at a job that he doesn't like...
Hey mamas, I just read that thread about having a depressed spouse. I have to wonder after reading it if I am depressed myself. I have been through therapy twice, and neither therapist thought I was depressed, but my husband and my mother both think I should be on medication. My husband does not help me around here at all. I do all the child care, all the cooking and cleaning. He works 8-5 and comes home and drinks beer and lies on the couch and naps. He sleeps in...
Congrats Rose! Our babes are the same age, since my dd (whose name happens to be Rose) turned one yr. old today too! Happy continued nursing - aitara
edited to delete the duplicate post and say sorry for the duplicate post! aitara
Hello mamas, My dd turned one today! I've always nursed her to sleep. For the past couple of months, this has turned into quite an event. Usually she will nurse from 1-3 hours depending . .. the average is about 2 hours until she is finally asleep. Just looking for some others who have the same and can relate. Anyone?! I know that she is very tired, perhaps overtired and hyped up when I lie down with her most times. She has never been much of a napper, but now...
Hi again everyone! Just wanted to check in to give a big thanks to Zealsmom for the yummy banana muffin recipe . . . I tried it and it was excellent and very easy and fast to make. I'm using barely flour instead of wheat, and I think dd will like it just fine! Even dh, who is a fattening foods and meat lover, liked them so much that he wants me to make them for his breakfasts every day! But I am also going to make some chocolate cupcakes for the older kids and...
Thanks for this thread! It finally convinced dh to get some cast iron! I've been trying to get rid of the teflon for 6 years now, but he loves his teflon! SO, we got a huge skillet, a small skillet, and my favorite - a pot w/a lid - all cast iron. I seasoned them all 3 times. I made slow cooking oatmeal in the pot this morning, and the oatmeal did not stick! It was wonderful stirring oatmeal without worrying about the teflon scraping when I stirred! I always worried...