or Connect

Posts by Healthy_Baby

I LOVE the Diono car seats! We drove with 2 Diono's and 1 infant seat across in the back seat of our VW golf until #3 was 20mo. When I was pregnant with #3. Everyone said "oh you're going to need a bigger car now!" Um. No. We didn't. But thanks for recommending our young family unnecessarily we spend $1000's + 2 years of extra fuel expenses though! Once we found out we were expecting #4, a bigger vehicle was first on our to-do. Still love and recommend the Diono's...
I totally agree with stgertrude!   My first was a home birth - it was long 40hrs.  but in hind sight we now know that I went into labor because I was dehydrated and so that probably made it longer then it "needed" to be and more exhausting.  But I don't look back at it as a horrendous experience AT ALL. There definitely was a point when I thought 'okay if I was in the hospital I'd be asking for an epidural right about now!" but at home without that option I was able to...
I'm not looking forward to after pains and am hoping to be more proactive with them this (fourth) time around. Hardly felt any with the first - a little with the second and felt nauseous in pain with the 3rd - but that was RIGHT after birthing baby (after the glorious moments if meeting her) but within 5 mins and I think before releasing the placenta. I just remember it was bad - so I want to be prepared. I have old arnica tablets and I was piggybacking Tylenol and...
I've been curious as to the definition of a UC birth.   I've had all 3 at home the first 2 with a hands-on CNM and the 3rd with very hands-off CNM.  She only used the Doppler through labor a handful of times. I checked my dilation as I wanted and I caught the baby - it was a very smooth birth .... she actually never touched me until the after birth. :)  My husband was the only person I touched during all of it.   Her role was more hands on with monitoring...
As far as I know I think you have them all :)   Ocelotmom - For my homebirths the 1st PKU was done by the ped's office usually around 24-48 hrs after birth and the 2nd around 10 days later. I recall reading something to the same effect about the PKU timing.    This link has a good explanation for why 2 tests are done and the timing.   "For most babies, checking a PKU within the first 48 hours is too soon for the very reasons you stated in your question. However,...
Yay!
I have no advice or experience either. But maybe they just had a better angle on the cervix the second time around?   I have a friend that was had a ton of U/S's during her first pregnancy to monitor ovarian cysts and her son is totally healthy.  True it's a subject with strong opinions on both sides but I think in your case the U/s's serve a good purpose and are not in the same category as women going out to "boutique" u/s just for the fun of it.     I do so hope you...
 I'm curious if there are any new HB CNMs in MD?  I only know of the few listed here. 
So are we still without an organizer for this?
I hear good things about the Midwives at MD General and highly recommend special Beginnings in Arnold.  I am planning my 4-th HB but if I ever had to switch I would likely chose the midwife group there.   There is ZERO HB options covered by insurance in MD.  At least not any more :( [ EDIT: I only have experience with M/A - wasn't thinking clearly from other insurance options. sorry for the misinformation! ]   Keep us posted on what you find and decide!