or Connect

Posts by amberskyfire

It's called Big Island Natural Parenting. :)
Aloha, Steffanie! Is your sister into natural parenting or anything like that? We have a natural parenting group on Facebook and we meet up sometimes. There are also LLL meetings and homeschool meetings if she's a homeschooler or unschooler.
It really depends on which island you plan on coming to. You can contact the Midwives' Alliance of Hawaii for more info: www.midwiveshawaii.com
Mine is complicated. I let them go to bed when they want to. Both ask to go to bed every night and always have, so they really like bedtime. The youngest usually likes to be in bed by 8. The older one follows closely behind most nights. Sometimes she is really sleepy and passes out a bit earlier.
I have unassisted births, so I get to do whatever I want to. Both were born kneeling on hands and knees on the floor.
Aloha!I'm not a midwife, so I can't deliver babies. The most I could ever do is be with her as a friend while she had an unassisted birth. Even that might not be possible because I have a toddler. But I know just who she can contact. She needs to call Mala at 808-936-5306. Mala is known to deliver babies for mothers who cannot afford a midwife. She has been a midwife for over 20 years and she is a very sweet lady.
We have had signatures from all over the world. Thank you! :)
Aloha! I wanted to share with you a major issue that has just come up in Hawaii. Senate bill #2569 has been introduced which will essentially criminalize all home birth midwives in the state by forcing them to undergo total regulation by local hospitals and obstetricians (who happen to be vehemently anti-home birth). It is a frightening development in our state and we are scrambling right now to have the bill killed as soon as possible. A petition has been started and we...
Aloha! I wanted to share with you a major issue that has just come up in Hawaii. Senate bill #2569 has been introduced which will essentially criminalize all home birth midwives in the state by forcing them to undergo total regulation by local hospitals and obstetricians (who happen to be vehemently anti-home birth). It is a frightening development in our state and we are scrambling right now to have the bill killed as soon as possible. A petition has been started and we...
My daughter is 5 and loves reading and being read to. We did the Little House books. Right now we are reading The Secret Garden. A huge favorite at our place is The Little House in the Fairy Wood which you can get for free on Kindle if you have a device that does ebooks. It is the perfect bedtime book and so beautifully written!