or Connect

Posts by amberskyfire

Thank you for all of the help!!   No, it couldn't be tree roots. We do have a pine tree and several acacia trees outside the property, but the roots would have to grow very, very far to get to the garden. There are some baby coconut palms a few yards away, but that couldn't be it, either. I made slightly raised beds by putting down thick cardboard to keep weeds from coming up and then I put the boxes over that and then all of the soil mixes. And the whole garden isn't...
I live in Hawaii. I put in a new raised garden this year in the middle of my yard. There is good air circulation, nice breezes and full sun, plenty of water. I spent a crapload of money buying good soil because there is no soil here. But nothing will grow. I don't understand why.   I use fresh seeds, many varieties. The garden soil is comprised of about 10% topsoil, 50% organic garden soil mix, 20% compost with steer manure and 20% purchased and homemade compost. The...
STOP STANDING 100 TIMES A DAY WITH THE DOOR OPEN TO TALK TO ME WHILE YOU LET EVERY FREAKING MOSQUITO IN THE WORLD INTO THE HOUSE!!! YOUR BROTHER IS ALLERGIC TO MOSQUITOES!!! IT'S A FREAKING SCREEN DOOR! YOU CAN TALK TO ME THROUGH IT!!!!
Thank you very much! My daughter actually grew out of it some time ago, but this is very interesting!
Oh my god! Stop coming in here every ten minutes and turning on the light and asking me if I have gotten the baby asleep yet!!!! Of course he's not effing asleep!!!! You keep coming in here every few minutes and waking him up!!! I keep having to start all over again from the beginning!!! Do you think I like just sitting here staring into the darkness so much that ill never come out again? Why do you make me want to scream?! Just sit down with a book and shut up until I...
And I also had both of my children unassisted here so if you're interested in unassisted birth, I'd be happy to meet you and talk and answer any questions or help in any way! :)
Aloha! I am in Pahoa. $3000 is the cheapest you will find a midwife for for pay, but there is one midwife, Roxanne Estes, who takes insurance and I believe she also takes Quest which you should qualify for if you are pregnant and low-income. She runs a birth home (not a real birth center because it is too far from the hospital to legally qualify for the title) in Pahoa called Luana Gardens and you can give birth there or she will come to your home. She is a very kind...
Can you go up there and actually see her? It's easy for her to abuse you over the phone. Not so much to your face. Bring the packet and ask her to show you where the info is. Just be sweet and ask for help and since you're right there in front of her and she can't write you off, she'll have to get it done instead of just making you run in more circles.
My husband has all of the Life series narrated by David Attenborough. DD loves it. The cinematography is just amazing.   Also, a really old documentary that is not 100% accurate but incredibly entertaining is Animals Are Beautiful People. Maybe from the 1970s or 1980s. It's a favorite around here.
We are unschooling and my daughter just started her kindergarten year. We are registered at the local school and I'm required to turn in a report at the end of the year showing what she has done daily. I think they expect me to just send them an actual curriculum, but I'm doing it more journal-style at the end of each day since we don't use a curriculum.   So I was wondering if they usually accept extracurricular activities as part of our lesson plan. Anyone know?...