or Connect

Posts by Way Up North

HI!   This post isn't too old, so I will chime in :) Our daughter (6.5) has been dx with anxiety in the last few months, and in the last year has shown explicit OCD behaviours. She has also had tics, sleep issues and sensory issues from very early on and we are likely looking at a Tourette's dx for her in the near future. At this point her anxiety is leading the pack and ramping up everything else. School is particularly traum,atic for her and we are moving...
Seeking the current version of the curriculum, syllabus or the K-3 teaching or health books. I am in Canada, shipping USPS is fine.
I should have found this before I started a frustrated with my 3 yo thread LOL I am SO there and she just turned 3 this past week! I just keep thinking of the advice of a dear,older friend with grown kids~ deal with it now, it is way harder at 14 LOL
DD just turned three and we are having a couple rough weeks with challenging behaviours. We practice, for the most part, UP. I understand her need to test and figure things out etc. and everyone is quite civil, most of the time But the blowing me off if pushing my buttons. When asked to do something she she says 'what? what?' each time like she didn't hear, or simply ignores. I know last week I picked her up (calmly) and set her on a chair out of the way and asked...
Thanks mamas! Yep, what Rowan doesn't want to do.... LOL I have gone the 'everybody does it' route. And her response? She'll rhyme off everyone she knows, including pl'ed kids and then when she is done...dramatic pause... but *I* go in a diaper. Ya. She can recite Everybody Poops, though I appreciate the feedback and experiences! I made her a chart tonight with her favorite color (orange) squares and funny monkey faces and backed it with card stock so it can go...
I hope my comment about letting dd get it out of her system while I went about my business didn't come across as ignoring~ I just meant I let her have the tantrum she needs and don't go along with the control thing (like the day I wiped her nose and she freaked out because it was her booger and she wanted it BACK!~ I didn't put it back!)/
OK, so dd is 3 next month. She knows when she has to go (hollers for a diaper if not in one!) and asks to be changed right away. She can climb on and off the toilet (hates the potty) and do all the stuff she needs to do. She just refuses to do it She wants to wear underwear etc. and understands that she needs to use the toilet to do this. I really think she needs a motivator. I refuse to use food. I *am* considering stickers (she loves 'em)~ but don't want it to be a...
I am there now (dd is three next month. It was worse about 6 months ago. She wanted to control every MOVEMENT I made, it was awful. I just kept telling her how I felt: "I don't want to lay down right now, Rowan." And I would get up and go about my business, and she could freak if she wanted to (that sounds cold, but she improved once she got the pent up stuff out, kwim? I wasn't ignoring her, just refusing to be micromanaged!) If it was a legit need, I would ask her...
go for it! It is so much fun
SO many adorable things!! Please keep in mind the artistic integrity of these mamas, though I get nervous when people postother's work with the possible suggestion that they are patterns to use