or Connect

Posts by waldorfknitmama

OoOOOhhhh good post! Wow, at various different stages our home has changed and changed and changed some more!   Currently we have three little boys under five, and we are expecting our fourth anyday now.  We Waldorf Homeschool and even though my eldest is only five, we still try to "do" school work.  Mostly I think the consistant thing we do around here is being close to nature.    I think your going through some major transitions right now, and the best thing I...
Waldorf Dolls!   But I have a Waldorf doll and other Waldorf and Natural toy business, so I'm pretty much always working on that!  I have three little boys under 5 with one due tomorrow, so I have limited time to work on much else.    However my current WIP sitting on my ironing board are:   ::Little Seedlings Pullover Vest for my 12mo old ::A purple doll sweater that I'm bored from and not too sure of the color ::Roving, hand-dyed in Spring colors (actually...
That's really rude.  I don't care if they are busy, or hard to get into, or what, but it's highy unprofessional, and let's face it since we have to pay a pretty penny to go to one of the schools it pretty much is a business.
I think you should just go with your gut.  If you think your son will thrive in this environment then you should go with it!  Esp. if you have been involved with the community for a while, then perhaps it would be a smooth transition for your son?   It sounds like it is a good and typical Waldorf school.  There are many resources on the web as you know, you could check out some more stuff anf talk to your family and of course your son and see what works.   HTH!
Eh.  I would just let her have it, and not really think too much of it. She's still pretty young, and chances are she will forget about it eventually. Most likely she'll encounter more D-stuff in the future anyhow.  Just keep the other toys you have in your home high quality and simple.  Do what feels best mama!   And what's funny about your story, is that I make Waldorf Dolls and Toys and yet my little boys still play with a few mainstream toys (with a house full of...
I actually went to a Waldorf Highschool when I was younger.  I gathered quite a bit of wonderful (and look----life lasting!) lessons from some amazing teachers there.  It's hard to say if the education was something that has helped shape me who I am today (hey I'm a Waldorf doll maker homeschool my four boys in a Waldorf inspired way!) or if it was having hippie parents and/or community? There were many pleasent memories there at that school I went to.   That being...
And just to be clear so you don't think I'm a hypocrite, I used to live in a concrete jungle in a 950sq ft house, but have since moved to the country.  It was not however because I wanted to live a more Waldorfy life, but because we are pursing our family's goal of farming.    I'd love for you to check out my blog, it's a little bit Waldorf (we are Waldorf homeschoolers) a little bit crafty (I'm a WAHM making Waldorf dolls and crafts in my Etsy store) a little bit...
Aw, hang in there mama!  I totally completely understand where you are coming from.  Not all of us can live on 5 acres and let our children roam freely experiencing nature.  I used to live in the most amazing neighborhood in Minneapolis, very teeeeeeennnyy house, in the city, with a walking trail and park within walking distance but no garden or yard to play much in.  It was hard to connect with nature when I lived in the city, but I found ways.  A couple of ways for my...
I just moved from Minneapolis MN to Cinncy OH.  I had amazing hb there and midwives and hb services are ALLLLLL over!!  All you have to do is type in hb and tons and tons of websites and personal emails/people pop up!  I am having the HARDESTTTTTT time finding ANYONE for OH!!!    Somebackground::::   I live in Liberty Township, but I'm willing to drive a while for appts ect.  Also I have med- ish births so time is not a super big issue--- 1st was 26hrs, 2nd was...
Hey Cincy mamas---- My name is Samantha and I have three boys (5, 2.5, 7mo) and we just moved here from Minneapolis, MN and I need somee freinds!  We have no family here and I need to connect with others!!  I am a typical natural mama with all the bells and whistles....   Anyone want a meetup??  Playdate??   Does anyone have any fun suggestions for things to with littles??     I have two blogs where you can read more bits and peices of me and my...