or Connect

Posts by cotopaxi

Quote: Originally Posted by ssh I guess with your specific situation you could have asked her why it was so important to have a black marker. Then asked her what she thought could be done about the situation to make it work. ..................................................
I love mine. It's smaller than the Learning Tower, which is a plus in my kitchen, especially since i onlyhave one child using it - it might be a tight fit fot two kids. It's also closed on two sides, which seems like it might make it harder for a little one to accidentally slip out the side.
I absolutely wouldn't have her sleep on the Boppy. Putting anything soft like that in her sleeping space really increases the risk of an accidental suffocation. Especially now that she's probably getting more mobile, she could roll or wiggle off it at an odd angle and not be able to move back. She could slip down, and her trachea could be at a bad angle, or she could roll towards her tummy and get her face stuck in the soft pillow part. Overall, not a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by em123 Should I just go in and breastfeed him each time until he falls back asleep? Rock and rub his belly? Or should I not so he doesn't get the breastfeeding association? We did the Pantley thing too.. it worked AWESOME eventually. Did you just start? If so, yes, you should go in and soothe him when he cries. (PP's point is great though- do wait a FEW seconds and make sure he's even awake and not just making a...
These are pricey, but Bamberoo makes ones with solarveil, which is about as cool as you can get. http://hyenacart.com/Bamberoo/index.php?c=0&p=84146 OMT (Octi Mei Tai) and I *think* Satchi have made solaveil ones too, but I can't find where to buy them new. if you visit thebabywearer.com/forums you can sometimes find them on the FSOT.
Both are great and very appropriate for newborns. I do think it's mainly personal preference. You have a variety of positions available with both, you can breastfeed in both, and both should be comfy with a lightweight little one. Both are also really easy to pop the baby in and out for diaper changes, etc. You're in great shape! I started with the Moby and never did get the hang of ring slings, because I tend to prefer two-shouldered carries. The downside of the...