or Connect

Posts by laoxinat

Quote: Originally Posted by Talula Fairie There are some things for which natural remedies are helpful. But some serious conditions, like cancer, need the sledgehammer of western medicine. I think ignoring this fact is nothing short of dangerous. : to the OP. I'm so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts. ITA with this. Get as much info as you can, weigh your options, take what action you can. But also know that even if you cannot be cured, there...
I love the book "Loving What Is" by Byron Katie. She does a wonderful process called The Work, in which we get to say all the things we wish another person would do (or have done), how they shoud have been, and then to learn from their lives how we can live better ourselves. It's pretty awesome. Sorry for your loss, even tho FIL was a stinker. It's sometimes almost harder when there aren't even happy memories, KWIM?
Quote: Originally Posted by carfreemama Oh. And laoxinat, I will google your lead. I think something like that would be perfect. If she doesn't need it now, she could at any time and I do want to be prepared. My mom is in incredibly good shape physically and mentally. She has some sciatica and some other unpleasant afflictions; but overall, she's doing amazingly. She walks and buses everywhere, does her own shopping and cleaning and cooking, volunteers...
Hey carfreemama, I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no sisters, but losing any close family member is hard. I work for a home helper company, which I am sure has branches in Canada, it is called Home Instead Senior Care. They are very professional, and provide companionship and assistance to seniors. You might consider a gift of just a couple of days a week someone coming in and just kind of helping your mom out. It is often easier for someone to accept help from...
If Dr. Leavitt in Mesa is still practicing, I'd trust his judgment. IDK, though, he caught my DS and that was 21 years ago! IMO, breech births can be HB'd but it is a risk, at best. The thing is, without a timely US, it can be very difficult to determine a baby's position, and especially where her feet/legs are. It sounds, from your last post, that you have a good handle on things. I think your OP made some people say "Wha?" cuz it was only about liability, which, of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cherie2 lol, its funny you say that, while at the hospital when my aunt was dying this summer (yes it has been quite the year for me) there was a girl who's mom was dying. she was very young and had been up until recently estranged from her mother. I was trying to comfort her and share my experiences and feelings with her and she asked me "are you on prozac?" lol LOL I get that look a lot, though no ones ever said it....
When DH and I were combining households, we decluttered. My BFF loaned me a book on feng shui (sorry can't remember the title - but maybe 'Clearing your Clutter with Feng Shui') that was very helpful. I loved the simple guideline about deciding what to keep, and what to toss or donate. As you pick up each item, ask yourself - "Do I love it?" and "Do I use it?" I had to do it item by item. She also recommended that you only declutter for about an hour at a time. It can be...
Cherie, Thanks for posting your OP. This is the kind of story that can really help people to see that while death may be difficult and sad, it is also part of life. When we hold death away from us and act like it can never touch our lives, it is always a shock. But when we understand that life is impermanent, to be savored while here, we can be truly present in our lives and for our loved ones when it comes time for them to die. The older I get, the more important this...
Hey Espresso! Not necessarily. To me, what the work does is clarify whose business is whose. So while a situation may well be God's business ( a child's serious illness, war, poverty) this does not mean we cannot contribute to peacefulnesss around it. But in order to know our truth, we must be able to honestly assess what we can or can't do. Acceptance is the beginning, but acceptance doesn't mean resignation, it just means an end to our internal dialogue about it. IOWs,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Toolip I have been turning lights on when I go over and leaving different ones on each day. But I think I will put the Christmas lights on a timer. As for the coupons, I had thought about it but decided I would just come over when I thought that they might need the help because it seems very unlikely that they would have the energy to realize that they need help and then pick up the phone to call me to arrange it. I was...