or Connect

Posts by Yooper

Do they have to launch off of a block or the side of the pool? I was that kid who could not dive....however I was much younger. I was on the swim team for many years but at age 7 and 8, I was not skilled enough at diving to do it off the block into 3.5 foot water (a requirement at that time). I participated in many relays and the "fix" was to have non-divers jump off the side of the pool on one side of the block while the returning swimmer touched on the other side of...
We are unschoolers but I think this applies in the more general homeschooling category. We recently traveled to see family. Dd is 6 and this is the first time we have seen some family members since dd was of "school age". We noticed right away that people felt inclined to "quiz" dd. Basic addition/subtraction and spelling questions. When we were there to witness it, we distracted the conversation away from the quizzing. But dd is old enough that we were not...
Quote: Originally Posted by sewchris2642 I never said that it wasn't wrong. You can't control or change other people. But you can change how you deal with them. You can remove your family from them. Yes, there will be repercussions and consequences. Only the parents can decide if their decision is worth that. But if they chose to continue the 3 event holiday and their child's meltdowns, then they need to realize that they are responsible for their...
Quote: Originally Posted by urklemama The other issue is where you have an inverted pyramid extended family, with a ton of relatives giving to a small number of children. In this case, the type of gifts doesn't really matter, everyone could switch to giving beautiful fairtrade wood magical perfection, and it would still be just too much stuff. If you didn't have emotional problems already, you're gonna get some dealing with the...
I depends on the type of heat system. For most people, turning it off at night does save energy. If you heat with hot water radiators, it may not. The energy to reheat the water likely outweighs the benefit of not running it at night. Steam might also be in the same boat. We do have our stat set at 55 at night but the heat still runs all night as it is very cold here. It certainly runs far less than during the day when we are at 62.
I have the same rant! This has bothered me for years. The thing I do not get AT ALL is why they are so bland. Isn't that bad for the restaurants? How are they going to build their future customer base if every single kid only eat pizza, burgers, chicken fingers (anyone else find that name really gross?), and mac-n-cheese? I guess that is good if you happen to be a restaurant that is serving that to adults too. But for everyone else, what is going on? We just ate...
You all are too funny! I have been battling this for 12 years! Even when we carpooled into work together, I do not need nearly as much time to get ready to go in the morning. The cell phone is an improvement but a watch would be great. I am exploring all of the posted suggestions.
Quote: Originally Posted by womenswisdom I think I'd just keep them both on it until the end of the bag and if you want to try to switch back to your previous food, do it gradually over about a week. Then have your vet get a urine sample and check the pH levels and check for crystals. Royal Canin's Urinary SO formula is the one we most frequently suggest and have had excellent results with. Good luck! Great! They are due for their annual...
Quote: Originally Posted by MadiMamacita ETA: did you do a google search? for "vibrating alarm watch?" because i just got like 47,000 hits! http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/epill_2084_32986228 here is one. http://www.activeforever.com/p-359-v...ng-alarm-watch another Thanks! Of course, I did not try that I had to make it far more complicated I won't even reveal my failed search words
I am looking for something I am not sure exists. My attempts at internet searches is failing me. I am looking for a vibrating alarm that one wears like a watch. I would imagine someone might use it for remembering to take medicine at a certain time or something. Or if anyone has other idea to solve this problem: My dh is supposed to be at work at 8am. He never makes it until 9 or so. Luckily, it is the sort of job where it does not really matter and he just...