or Connect

Posts by Yooper

My 3.75 yo still sits in her wood high chair pushed up to the table with no tray. She is average sized and does sit in a regular chair when eating elsewhere, but likes being able to sit on her butt and be the same height as the rest of us. I even still bring her me too chair when we are camping for extended periods. sometimes she wants to use it, others not. I have not researched every highchair out there, but I have yet to come across one that a child as big as a 5 yo...
We have a 2005 CR-V. We did an exhaustive search that included writing our own computer program to pick it. We live on a cliff in a place that has snow-packed roads for 5 months of the year. This could actually be done just fine with front-wheel drive and good snow tires. Dp is in a band and needed a car that can weekly haul 5 people and equipment. We also tow a pop-up trailer for about 12 trips a year to travel for dp's work (photographing out of town weddings). All...
I would say that about 1/4 of dd's toys are plastic. We are pretty die-hard about the no-plastic thing, but we have seriously only bought maybe 5 toys for dd ever. We do not even get to give her birthday or Christmas gifts because she gets so overwhelmed with what the grandparents send. My mom only sends the newest blinking thing. It saddens me, but dd does not even look at whatever it is twice. It ends up at Goodwill within a week. Grandma knows this but does not...
Quote: Originally Posted by mothertoall um...aren't you MOTHER to HIS children??? thats mother enough in THIS house.....I'm sorry you aren't being celebrated like you should....I don't know you...but I bet you are an awesome mom! happy mothers day in advance! On mothers day here.....I always get freakish....my mom passed years ago...but it still feels dark on mothers day....my siblings always make me feel bad for not going to the cemetary....but my mom...
Quote: Originally Posted by TinkerBelle Um...you really need to stop feeling guilty when MIL "makes" everything your fault. DH says you are not his mother? Well then, let HIM do for his own mother. I realize I am not my husband's mother. But I AM the mother of his children. I am the one who was sick, bloated and pushed 3 human beings out of my body with his DNA in them. I am the one who BF, dealt with everything concerning the kids (still do). I am...
Quote: Originally Posted by krizzanne woah! yes, did you sleep, too? So now that there is some resolution, care to share the problems? Oh I think they are pretty typical. My family is completely sleep-disfuctional. Dh enever gets enough due to business and I have insomnia. Dd seems to have inherited both of our issues and threw some new ones in...... We knew we were in serious trouble when our newborn was only sleeping about 10...
Quote: Originally Posted by tappinerp : Yeah! I hope that you slept too! Well....not so much. I have insomnia issues many nights. Dh is on travel right now so it is hard to sleep. But it still felt pretty good
Dh is on a business trip. It was beautiful outside today and I wanted to do nothing more than find some fun outdoor activity for dd and me to do all day. BUT, we were stuck inside while I made the annual obligatory Mother's Day scrapbook pages for my mom and MIL. I started this tradition right after we got married 10 years ago. I made them each a nice covered binder and a promise to add a new page every MD and Christmas. I thought it would be a good way to do...
I am curious if any of the people who are grossed out use family cloth?
I was not sure where to post this since it is a combo of health and healing, natural body care, and environment. I am very fair and have noticed something strange over the last 2-3 years. I am wondering if anyone else has also experienced this or has an explanation. I have a theory. Like I said, I am very fair. I am quite worried about skin cancer since I was pretty much burned all summer every summer as a kid. Sunscreen was expensive, not very effective, not...