or Connect

Posts by Hallielynn01

Dont be worried!! I would say get started with as many exposures to birth as possible. Even attend some if you can. Start reading books. Doula training or Childbirth Educator training can be very valuable, even if you arne't going to make that your passion. I hope to pursue training as an herbalist in the coming year or so. There are many paths in this business and many different needs. Like the other poster said, lay out your plan, examine, if you have them,...
too add the the extra room thoughts, the BC I assist at, there is a room that is used for classes, available for CBEs to rent for their classes and hosting workshops (we just hosted the Barbara Harper waterbirth workshop for ex) doula trainings, CBE trainings etc are held there.
http://flmidwifery.blogspot.com/2009...rth-story.html Due to the volume of quick responses, the ACOG website survey on homebirth was password protected after 18 hours. The effort to flood them with positive birth stories was an immediate success. Visit the Citizens for Midwifery Grassroots Network and The Big Push for Midwives campaign for more information. Thanks for your support!
I had the same concerns. For the first few days they stayed in their run. ( I have a coop, inside a run, within my yard) so they could get a feel for what is "their" space. I only let them out in the yard when we are home. In the first week they were home, I would always bring some sort of treat to them. Even now, though I bring them treats less frequently, they still come running to me. They are good about following for treats. At night, I often make an evening check for...
I do! I just got them yesterday! We're in the city. Our rules only speak of them being properly enclosed. As far as breeds, if your looking for egg layers, there are breeds that are better layers than others. I have 3 buff orpingtons. A quick google search will bring up alot of good links. Ill PM you a great link for learning. Its a forum, so im not sure I can post it on here. We have a small coop with 3 nest boxes, in a 8 x 16 run. Ive been wanting hens for as long...
things keep changing with the rules regarding VBACs and birth centers. One friend was told that she could have their overseeing Dr approve her for a VBAC now while they had the ok to do so, even thought she isn't pregnant, just in case the rules end up changing. Or at least that's how I understand it. I used the labor of love ladies for my homebirth this time, and they were amazing.I was with Jill when she was at countryside birth center, but she's slowly moving out on her...
I believe the answer is no. But your best bet is to call a birth center midwife and ask them what the state laws are about it.
variations of labor can always cause exceptions. But Ive had a saying "The only women I know who hated their natural birth were those who never intended to have one!" I think expectations play into someones perceptions of their birth. Pain vs pain free, quick or drawn out etc. unforseen complications etc. Also how they expect the pain to be, if a woman is unrealistic about birth (envisions a blissful and pain free birth, and ignores the fact that sometimes its really...
I second the recommendation to call Jill. She is great. She caught my first baby!
I went with CAPPA because I liked what they had to offer, and well, they seemed more approachable. I will never regret my choice! Ive gotten more compliments from the caregivers Ive worked with, and feel they prepared me for any setting of work. Didn't matter if it were midwifery or medical model. I felt I could work in either with no problem. While not as well recognised, it will be a matter of time before they are as well known Im sure.