or Connect

Posts by Hallielynn01

Quote: Originally Posted by ErikaG United covered your whole homebirth? That's really great to hear. I'm hoping that if/when there's a next time I don't risk out of homebirth and I have United. The midwife we interviewed mentioned that she's had trouble with United before, and we've been putting some money aside in case it does happen that we have a significant portion of the birth to pay for. Were there any hoops to jump through, or anything? Or...
I wanted to wait till 6 months or older, but at 5 months DD1 was taking food from me and putting it in her mouth! So, we started slow! Remember, the recommendation is this- 6 months only BF (or formula) then after that for the next 6 months food is suppose to be a suppliment to the nursing, not to take the place of feedings. Ive read that when babies self wean before a year, its often because they are getting most their hunger needs met from food. But for a child...
I was gonna say the same thing, I've seen it at Publix, and sweetbay too I think
Great!!
Quote: Originally Posted by Ldavis24 I was wondering if he meant it as something like, it doesn't matter because you will end up getting an epidural anyway...It would make me a little nervous but I don't know the doc so I am not going to judge him by one comment. It would make me cautious though and if I wanted a natural childbirth I would definitely start asking him some serious questions. sounds a bit like the OB I had with my DD1 (untill I...
I agree, there is no "best" method, I did Bradley with my DH for DD1, and we enjoyed it, learned a TON, but when it came down to it, asking a man to act as a doula can be unfair to most men. This time around, I had a doula, and I took prenatal yoga that had a focus on the physical but also the mental side of birth, I found music to be my method, I found music that was relaxing and spoke to me (Snatam Kaur is what I used, which we also used in the yoga class) that I...
have you posted this to the CAPPA yahoo board? Maybe a lady near you could help??
CAPPA has long distance courses in all fields, doula, Lactation and educator- www.cappa.net Certifications aren't required or neccesary unless the people/places your trying to work with requir/prefer them. They can give a sence of confidence in your skills to the people your working with, but in reality they don't mean your any better then anyone else. Many people choose not to certify with specific groups because when you do, you are also agreeing to their scopes of...
Don't have any advice on the Dr for your son, but have you thought about Chris at Breath of Life? as a CNM and ARNP she offers well woman care.
I'm in the same boat, my understanding is that at the current time, state approved MAEC schools are the only option. There is a great thread about this on here or search this forum for midwifery and FL, but these links have some good info http://www.mothering.com/discussions...rida+midwifery http://www.mothering.com/discussions...archid=9864774