or Connect

Posts by boadhagh

Moving to Bloomington in August & looking for a raw milk source -- do you still have/will you still have milk at that time? Thanks! Erica.
My dd will only sleep being held or being next to someone and only falls asleep nursing; she's been like this for 20 months. I think some babies are just this way and will grow out of it eventually, but I find the vomiting thing pretty concerning -- maybe some mamas with allergy and/or reflux knowledge will have some good advice for you.
If possible and you think it might help, could you try to get your dd some more exercise? Our dd really only sleeps well if she's had a LOT of physical activity during the day -- like several hours of running around at the playground or with friends during the course of the day.
I lurk here quite a bit, and I have a question. I hope that it's within the guidelines for this forum; I hope this doesn't come across as confrontational; I'm just really curious. So, here it is: is there a difference between "gifted" and "genius" or do they (essentially) mean the same thing? and is either term necessarily understood in relation to IQ? I initially started thinking about this question when I saw an earlier thread about whether or not B. Obama was...
(Mods, please don't think I'm a posting grumblesaur; I just want to share .) Part of what I find difficult with the new posting guidelines is the stringency of the moderated off-topic posting because, for me, many posts are not only placed one place or another because of subject (or topic) but also because of tone and feeling. For example, I love the slow and thoughtful threads in the Spirituality forum, but if I wanted to tell a funny story about my kid in church, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jacque Savageau While I can understand members feelings, this is part of the reason we have had problems with TAO. The forum purpose is for light chit-chat, not as a catch-all. Members need to be aware that we are not a private forum and though we do have a few forums that are not search able on Google, they are still open to thousands of members. TAO is a very heavy traffic forum and keeping new posts on topic is a huge...
nak i'm also wondering about people who post in toa about things they want to keep out of google-searchable forums; often women will post in toa when a subject is too personally revealing in parents as partners but not appropriate in surviving abuse
We've never had any reason or cause for concern that CPS might show up at our house (we're pretty mainstream for Eugene, if not for the rest of the country), but I thought for sure they were about to show up on my doorstep a couple of minutes ago. Why? Because, just inside the front door, dd had crawled into the recently vacated cat carrier and gotten stuck inside :. She was fine; not even concerned, and i just lifted off the top to get her out, but seriously, I...
OP here, and I just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying this discussion. I also want to explain a couple of things more fully. From a personal, "this is just me and what I do" angle: unless we live together or you're the guy at the fish market who sells me fish, you would probably never see me eat fish. When I was a vegetarian, I got really used to saying, "I'm vegetarian," and have never really lost that from my public interactions. If people ask me about my...
The blood pressure medication is propranolol (Inderal is the non-generic name). If you have normal or low blood pressure, it shouldn't affect your blood pressure at all, but somehow can help to reduce the number of migraines a person gets. It's pretty commonly prescribed for migraines (my mom was on it for decades), so I'm surprised that your MD didn't mention it.