or Connect

Posts by ziursrm

If you haven't picked it up  yet, I would highly recommend the book "Mothering Multiples: Breastfeeding and Caring for Twins or More!". It's published by LLL and is full of good info on nursing twins under ideal and less than ideal circumstances (c-section, premature, NICU etc). I would also make sure when you check with the hospital LC and see what her experience is with twins. If it's not wowing then I would look for a private LC, LLL leader, or post-partum doula who...
My son is "all boy" as my mom likes to say, but he has always loved babies. When he was 2 we got him a baby doll to help prepare him for the arrival of his little sister. He loved that thing for years. I even have pictures of him teaching his sister how to change it's diaper and nurse it when it  was hungry. My friend's little boy used to run around the house breastfeeding is robots while his mom nursed his little sister. They imitate what they see and my son sees his...
Oh man, that would infuriate me. I was shocked to find out my mom was letting my 4yo have root beer when he was over on Sunday afternoons. She didn't let me have soda until I was like 10 and then only rarely. At least she stopped when I asked her to. She used to work as an ER nurse and has seen many parents bring in 1 yo with soda in their bottles! How ludicrous is that?  
Oh man, that would infuriate me. I was shocked to find out my mom was letting my 4yo have root beer when he was over on Sunday afternoons. She didn't let me have soda until I was like 10 and then only rarely. At least she stopped when I asked her to. She used to work as an ER nurse and has seen many parents bring in 1 yo with soda in their bottles! How ludicrous is that?
Hi Ladies, I haven't been posting much here, but am needing the support right now. I thought I was in labor last Sunday night, but it petered out. Now every night I keep hoping and wishing this is going to be it. Although I'm still a week from being due I've spent almost two months battling pre-term labor signs so I guess I just figured once I hit full term I would let it go and then BooM, labor would start. Not the case at all. Now I'm thinking I might go as long as 42...
Very good advice!
She is slowly learning to ask if I want this or that craft, rather than just sending it home. She just can't understand why I wouldn't want it all, but she is learning to respect it. That's a good idea. We have family out of state that I think would enjoy some of the crafts along with the pictures we send periodically. My son just isn't all that crafty and I don't want to teach him to hold onto stuff that has no meaning to him (he only colors when all the other kids are...
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that struggles in this area. My kids are young, fairly close in age, and I have more on the way. So I try to only purchase quality toys and books that we can enjoy for years to come. Like this wooden walker that we bought my oldest on his 1st birthday. It has little crocodiles that clack and chase butterflies. It has lasted through two kids now and outlasted 3 plastic walkers we were given along the way. Besides missing some...
I'll start then. I'm just getting into this, so it certainly won't meet many minimalists standards, but I'm working with the "what is enough for my family" concept. So it's more of a continual paring down room by room until we find the right balance. These pictures are the before and after photos of the cleaning out of the room my 4yo and 2yo share. I eliminated 1 large bag of trash, 2 boxes for donation and 1 box of baby toys that I will save for the baby that's due any...
Cool to get some new ideas. I have really tried to keep the toys pared down, but it's almost like they breed. It was hard for DH and I to settle on any Christmas presents as we couldn't find many things we wanted to add. Plus the knowledge of all the toys already under our tree from family. I have always gone through the toys after every birthday and gift holiday to remove broken and outgrown toys, but I think this year I'm going to start including my 4yro in the process...