or Connect

Posts by ziursrm

The current issue is Christmas ornaments. Mom's tree has about a billion of them nearly all homemade over the past 40 years. Our tree has white lights for the second year in a row.  We might get ornaments some day if find gorgeous set that I can invision using for years. I have been trying to nicely convey that we like just the lights and don't need the kids to make a bunch of ornaments to get us started. 
Do you find that other people (family for example) get offended by your minimalism with memorabilia? My mom gets pretty miffed that I don't keep every drawing or craft project that my kids come home with from her house. I'm glad she loves to spend the creative time with them but I prefer to put it on the fridge for a week and then rotate it out with the next batch. She still has my crafts from preschool, but I just don't want to do that.
Hi, I'm new to this group and am hoping to find some inspiration here. My parents are both light hoarders, but of different kinds of things.  My mom still has my preschool class drawings and my dad has the leftover materials from every construction job he ever ran. I kinda picked up both styles and struggle with being realistic about what to keep and what to let go of. I don't like feeling obligated to my stuff, but do want to be frugal  and savor the memories. So I...
My midwives usually book the first appt around 12 to 13 weeks, unless you have concerns and want to come in earlier. It's seems the only reason to go early on is if you have a reason to be corcerned or you feel you could use the in-person guidance for some reason. For example wanting a fresh opinion on nutrition or activity etc.
My experience is that many women recognize the movement earlier the second time around. The babies probably start moving at the same stages though.
Suggestions? How do you decide how much to store? We're expecting to have several more children, so it seems wasteful to get rid of them and then buy more later, but I can only handle so many "tubs" in my closets.
Quote: Originally Posted by Ruthla What I have experienced, however, is HAVING tons of stuff in the house, but it's so cluttered up that I can't find anything when I need it. Then I go out and buy another one, even though I'm pretty sure I already have one, somewhere. Usually I find the item again a few months after I've replaced it. This has happened to me numerous times. I'm likely to need to buy a replacement if I need the item, whether I give it away...
Donating is a great idea. I have such a hard time getting rid of books as well. Good luck with your purging endeaver.
Both my parents are packrats, but off different kinds. Mom keeps every scribbled picture, craft, and photo along with hand-me down clothes and unfiled paperwork. Dad keeps the leftovers from projects around the house, farm, and old construction projects. He has stuff (nice stuff mind you) salvaged from jobs he did 20 years ago. They have the space to keep it all, but my goodness its overwhelming. I'm not a super simplistic nut yet, but I'm on my way there.
well the "good enough" cleaning I'm hearing about here outdoes mine any day