or Connect

Posts by TanjaM

Thanks for all the info!  That is really helpful.  I really like the school/vibe aspects of being in Oregon, but like the WA homeschool laws better and somehow am still holding on to being in this state.  I'm not even sure how we'll have enough time to find an apt. for DH before Christmas - and find one that's as cheap as we need it to be.    As for traffic from Vancouver to Portland, is it worse than driving from Auburn to Seattle?   And, yes.  I did try to...
We'll be moving to the Portland area from south of Seattle in the new year.  This is an unexpected move for us so we have no idea what we're looking at in the area as far as neighborhoods, commutes, transportation options, homeschooling... Maybe I should just make a list of questions :)   We've been homeschooling for 5 years in WA and I'm not thrilled with the requirement for standardized testing in OR so I want to consider staying on this side of the river and...
Join us at the Puyallup library for our (first) monthly babywearing meeting for those living in the general Tacoma, WA area!    Meetings will be held monthly plus monthly park/play days will be starting in June.   The group can be found on FB for more info...     Puyallup library:  324 S Meridian, Puyallup, WA 98371
The company is called My Mama's Love, not mamalove :).  And the multiple posts were created based on the request from Peggy, not as an attempt to spam.  I don't work for this company, just use and love her products.
Yummy natural lip balms!
Hi Tina,   Facing out is never recommended by certified babywearing educators as it is an unnatural position for the baby and actually forces their back to curve against its natural curvature.  There are no carriers (despite what others may argue) that will support a baby in the optimal spread-squat position facing out.  Your baby's back is meant to curve out at this stage and that position should be supported.  Facing out invariably has the legs dangling which...
Hi Clarissa, We're in Auburn as well and homeschool (secular).  I also teach babywearing including educator certification courses :).  Patti Ramos is a great doula (and very well connected so could recommend great mw's too) in Tacoma.  You can find her at www.pattiramos.com.  There's not a whole lot of crunchy-ness around birth/babies right in Auburn.  My doula was actually Tina Dos Santos from Tender Touch Doula Services (she's in Bonney Lake but works all over the...
Love this print!  We'd love to have one and love that you're looking to attract more babywearing daddies!
I still need a couple of Ring Sling mamas (or daddys or whoever) and a pouch lover Anyone? I have several toddler-wearing parents but need some baby-babies too
That would be cute! Don't see why not Quote: Originally Posted by jenneology Ooooo! Can our LO's model their cloth diapers??? I'd love to send my baby girl crawling down the stage in her Fuzzi Bunz...