or Connect

Posts by TopHat

I have a 23 month old DD. She's a big fan of wandering off. At the grocery store, she'll start in the cart, but then decide to get out (I'm ok with that) and help me push the cart- and then she decides to walk off. I've found that when I have the energy for it, sitting her on my shoulders works well. It's "new" and exciting for her and I can be (mostly) hands-free. Plus she likes to pay with my hair so she's kept busy for a little while. Does she want you to chase her?...
I've got lots of round ligament pain and I need to up my RRL intake. But in general, the baby is healthy and kicking and has a good heartbeat!
We're on team green! We were on team green the first time around, so all our newborn clothes are neutral anyway. And if we end up with a boy this time, we'll have a couple of weeks before he'll grow out of our neutral stuff. Frankly, I prefer neutral stuff; when I first put my daughter in a pink outfit I thought to myself, "You looked more like a girl in the other clothes... now you look like a boy trying to be a girl!" She didn't have a lot of hair.
Do you need medical records? Really? We're planning a UP/UC right now and we'll be moving to the Bay Area at the beginning of May. For proof of pregnancy, I'm planning on just going into Planned Parenthood and peeing in a cup when we move there (and asking for the "proof" on an official letterhead and such). My first was a UC and she's never seen a doctor at all. Here in Utah, we just filled out a piece of paper at the time the birth certificate was filed and then a SS...
I'm a UCer. I UCed with my first and labor started at 42 weeks 5 days. My daughter was born at 43 weeks (it was a long labor). She was only 8 pounds, 7 ounces at birth, so she wasn't huge or anything despite her dates. No breathing problems, a little vernix on her and my placenta was whole and in one piece without any signs of calcification. Those dates are based on my ovulation- I was charting and I know they are accurate. I figured it was my first, my baby was still...
Rixa Freeze did that. She even did a blog post "explaining" why she did it (http://rixarixa.blogspot.com/2009/04...o-midwife.html). Her first was a UC and her second was a midwife-attended homebirth because that's how she felt that birth should go.
I might be on the "out there" spectrum, but my daughter has never seen a doctor- and she's just a few weeks away from turning 2. Well, I took her to a chiropractor at 3 or 4 months when she refused to nurse any way besides lying down because I thought that might be a spine thing, but other than that, no WBVs at all. We weighed her regularly with the fish scale we had from the birth and she was never sick enough to see a doctor, so we just skipped it all.
This isn't a weird combo, but probably the lamest purchase I've made in a long time. We were at the health food store and I was buying beans from the bulk bins, but only got so far as to get about a cup of kidney beans and a cup of black beans before my toddler peed her pants. I didn't have extra clothes for her, so we just had to go home, but not before I bought $1.50 in beans and just beans. I felt kind of dumb putting that on the credit card.
evjolin- I've thought of that, too: meeting other parents to be. I do plan on going to LLL meetings as soon as I'm out there to meet people. That's how I found my current group of friends. I don't think BFW has a lot of practice. There are relaxation techniques, but I'm not going for those. I think the artsy aspect sounds fun. We did have something of a birthing class with our first. We just had a birth educator come to our home and talk about the physiology of...
This time around I really want to take BFW. The problem is we're moving across a couple of states when I'll be 30 weeks pregnant because my DH is starting a new job at the beginning of May. If I take it here, it'll be much cheaper- we're moving to the Bay Area where everything is simply more expensive. Also, we have a toddler and know and trust people here who could watch her during the class times. However, DH is finishing his master's and losing 6 evenings this...