or Connect

Posts by TopHat

My mom only breastfed me for a couple of weeks and never tried with my siblings (I was the oldest). When I was growing up a lady across the street would nurse her 3 year old on her porch and that was "icky." In fact, on the phone after my daughter was born, my dad said breastfeeding was "ok" as long as I wasn't one of those ladies who breastfeeds their 3 year old on their porch. Well, my daughter is almost 2- I don't know if we'll have a porch in a year. It wasn't...
I had really bad migraines in the second trimester with my first- I actually lost the vision in one eye and the feeling in a thumb and half my tongue during some of them. I tried increasing my water intake and I even tried drinking half a Dr. Pepper (I rarely drink caffeine, so half a Dr. Pepper ought to have an affect). I had them for weeks, but eventually it just went away. I'm sorry I don't have any other advice, but it may just be something that needs to pass. I'm...
Hmm. I don't know if I could get a low frame for our Cal King mattress- I don't know if they make them in that size. Maybe we'll keep our box springs and not the frame. However, our mattress is 14 inches thick. We'd be already pretty high off the floor without another 4 inches (especially with a newborn). Hmm..
Reviving this thread b/c I heard the heartbeat again with the fetoscope. It's in the 150-160 range. Again, my goal was to find the placenta. I actually started off not finding anything and then wondered, "what if the placenta is low and I've got previa? So I searched lower and found the heartbeat! Very low heartbeat, but very strong and steady. I think it might be safe to rule out previa- the baby is so low I can't imagine the placenta down there with it! Still can't hear...
Quote: Originally Posted by jennlyn I believe the reason for having a platform or slats under a mattress is not only for support, but for air circulation around the mattress. I would think just having it on the floor wouldn't allow for that and if not having air circulation would allow for any moisture build up it could cause your mattress to get funky. Unless you're thinking of a futon that can be picked up, moved around and aired out. We'll...
So my gut reaction would be to say, "I'm sorry, but I actually like my children." It's probably not the nicest thing to say, but it might get the person to back off.
Not sure where this would go. We're moving in a couple of months and we're thinking of getting rid of our box springs and frame before the move and just having our mattress on the floor because we sleep with our 22 month old and in the summer, we'll have a newborn. I'm curious- if you have a similar set up, what does it look like? Can it look nice or will it always look like you're living in a dorm? If anyone has pictures of a nice-looking room with a mattress on the...
Not sure where this would go. We're moving in a couple of months and we're thinking of getting rid of our box springs and frame before the move and just having our mattress on the floor because we sleep with our 22 month old and in the summer, we'll have a newborn. I'm curious- if you have a similar set-up, what does it look like? Can it look nice or will it always look like you're living in a dorm? If anyone has pictures of a nice-looking room with a mattress on the...
The other night when our 22 month old refused to go to bed without screaming her head off, he held her and rocked her so I could go to bed and get some sleep.
At almost 1, I didn't do anything about my DD throwing food on the floor. I cleaned it up, sometimes giving her a washcloth and letting her help if she wanted. Now, at almost 2, she hasn't thrown food on the floor since she was 12/13 months old. I figured it was just a stage and that once she figured out how gravity worked, she wouldn't need to test it again. I figured she'd grow out of it eventually (she probably won't be throwing food on the floor when she's out on...