or Connect

Posts by TopHat

Hi- I've posted on this tribe before looking for advice on places to move. We'll be moving to the Bay Area at the beginning of May because my DH is graduating and got a job out there. We are so so so excited to be out there! It'll be wonderful to be close to lots of CSAs and farmer's markets and natural food stores. We are expecting #2 this summer. I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations for Birthing From Within instructors and for postpartum doulas. I...
I always give the advice to "listen to your mom-sense." I was at a party where a soon to be mom was getting CIO advice. After the CIO fan left, I told the mom, "We never did CIO- it just didn't sit well with me and if something is going against, my mom-sense, I don't do it. I figure we have mom-sense for a reason." I hope that if the day comes and she's using CIO and it's not sitting well with her, she'll remember that comment and know that at least one person out there...
We heard the heartbeat on the fetoscope last night! It's still early (15 weeks), but I had been trying to find the placenta. For my DD, it was SO EASY to find the placenta because it was so loud that I figured, "While I wait until the heartbeat is louder, I'll look for the placenta." I couldn't find either, so my DH said he'd try and after checking around, he found the heartbeat (very very quiet) right in the middle of my abdomen. Still no placenta, though- it must be on...
With coloring in general, I would supply lots of crayons and not so many markers and other utensils that don't require pressure to write. I remember reading somewhere that because crayons require pressure, they help build up the little muscles in the hands for motor skills.
For my first pregnancy I didn't notice my B-H until 30 weeks. This time around I noticed at 4 weeks! So yeah. you can feel them at 14 weeks and it's normal. I'm at 15 weeks now and I notice them 3-4 times a day.
It's been a little while since I've posted here. At 15 weeks, my fundus is slowly inching its way up to my belly button, but still has a couple of finger widths to go. And I have mad round ligament pain. I never had this with my first until after the birth. My post partum recovery was lots and lots of round ligament pain. Anyone know of any good stretches for that? Still nursing my 21 month old, though my supply has gone down. She's still just as in love with nursing as...
I'm a knitter. I've been working on a baby blanket for a while (it's my easy-don't haven't to think knitting) and I cast on a baby sweater last weekend. Still need to do some soakers. I'm on Ravelry as TopHat. Anyone else on Ravelry?
Last week my fundus was 3 fingers below my belly button. Now at 14 weeks, this morning it was at my belly button. It can't grow that much in a week, can it? I'm wondering if I'm picking up on abs instead of uterus... I'll try it again tonight.
Not completely related, but I'm pregnant and sometimes I'm an emotional wreck. I'll read something on the Internet that makes me cry and my 21 month old will come up and ask me, "Sad?" I usually reply, "Yes, I'm sad. It's ok to be sad sometimes." I want her to know it's ok to be sad because I grew up in a house that was very anti-emotion. Even happy, excited emotions meant that you were "nervous." Seriously. When my DH came to meet my parents, I was excited to show him...
Don't want to sound controversial, but after reading Languages of Apology (by the same guy as the 5 Love Languages), I realized that I want the other person to admit, "I'm wrong." I've noticed that in how I interact with my DH. I've since reconsidered, "Why do I expect to hear "I'm wrong" when he feels that simply "I'm sorry" is good enough?" It's just something I've been thinking about. If he doesn't say, "I was wrong" I try to remember that people have different...