or Connect

Posts by TopHat

I'm doing ok! I'm UPing and so far it's just been "Hmmm... Let's see where my fundus is tonight!" But a huge part of me can't even get "into" the pregnancy. DH will be starting a new job at the beginning of May and we'll be moving to a new state at that point. Everything up until May is preparation for the move and everything from May-July is baby prep time in my head, so I haven't started thinking about it. Things I've done so far: gotten a base-line BP, weight, upped...
It's required by law here, but no one ever asked me for the results, so we never did it. For our next one we'll be in another state which requires the results to file for a birth certificate. I'm thinking of getting the waiver.
We aren't planning on using any ultrasound or doppler, so we get to wait until 20 weeks to start listening. I think I'll start trying around 17 weeks, though.
I've got awful heartburn and was just coming here to ask about it! I didn't have heartburn until the 3rd trimester last time and having it started already is depressing. Anyway, anyone know any safe remedies? I'm also breastfeeding my 21 month old, but usually if something is ok for pregnancy, it's ok for breastfeeding. I've read about peppermint, fennel, gripe water... any other suggestions or life experience with this?
I'm been known to throw adult tantrums. Luckily, most of the time they're at the end of the day when I'm tired, so my DH is there to help DD and I can have a break. Of course that doesn't work for sleep-deprived mornings, so I've started doing all the things people recommend you do for kids who have tantrums: I cut out Red #40 from my diet (BIG help), I eat a high-protein breakfast to help my blood sugar stay level for longer, try to nap when my daughter naps (this rarely...
I'm sorry. I said that wrong. I was trying to avoid saying, "Women have breasts and men don't" as a stereotype because I know women who do lack breasts and men who have them. MDC can be a sensitive place and I was trying to prevent a, "Hey, I don't have breasts- does that mean I'm not a real woman?" sidetrack. Sorry. I really didn't mean to offend. I was actually trying so hard not to offend that it came out badly.
I found a discount code for the photo Christmas cards, so I got 50 of those+envelopes for free. We had to pay around $7 for stamps. My DD is 1, so i bought her a harmonica for $2.67 (including tax). I knit, so I'm knitting her doll a hat and sweater out of yarn we have around the house and that's it. I'll probably spend somewhere between $5-10 on my DH's stocking. We've agreed not to do more than that this year because my bday is 2 weeks before Christmas and his is 2...
I've even heard the argument that because women have breasts (which is not actually true for my AA cup friends) and men don't God/evolution meant for them to be attractive to men. Of course, by that reasoning, women would innately be attracted to facial hair. I definitely feel that the sexual appeal of breasts is primarily culturally impressed on us. From a very young age, we are bombarded with cleavage and airbrushed breasts. We are conditioned to think breasts =...
Do you have one of those large exercise balls? I found that sitting on ours and bouncing was easier than walking around and bouncing. It might be a good alternative.
She started letting me know when she wanted to go around 15 months I think. Maybe earlier. I'd have to go find my blog and look for it. I know the first time she told me in public and actually sat on the potty in a public bathroom was a few days before 18 months. She's been completely dry the past 3 nights, too. We're using diapers at night, but apparently she doesn't need them. We'll still go with them for a little while longer, though. Bedsharing and getting pee...