or Connect

Posts by TopHat

I finally found mine last night (I'm 11 weeks). It's 3-4 inches away from my belly button, so I can safely rule out twins I think.
I think my 20 month old has almost graduated! She seemed to regularly stay miss-free at home, so this week, I've taken her out in public with panties. We've had two public misses (both my fault for not listening to her). I figure 2 misses so far this week isn't so bad. Well, she's had a miss or two at home, too, but still, not bad. Next week we're going out of town for 10 days for Christmas and I'd LOVE for her to not be in diapers, but I do know that new environments can...
If we're going for odd baby contraptions, here's one. http://www.impactlab.com/2009/12/06/...baby-carriage/
I UCed in a 395 sq foot studio with neighbors on both sides and above. No one ever mentioned hearing anything.
I UP/Uced and had my DD at 43 weeks based off my ovulation date and 42 weeks 4 days based off my period (I ovulated early that month). She was only 8.5 pounds and breathed right away and had no problems. I didn't worry because her heartbeat was good (we have a fetoscope) and she was active and kicking.
My DH like sudoku and even the dollar store has sudoku books! There's also crossword puzzles and such, too.
Gosh this thread makes me sound awfully child-centered. I definitely work around my daughter's naps. I go at her pace when we run errands. Yesterday we had to walk 5 blocks to go to a store. I went at her pace. Yes, it took like 20 minutes, but she needed the exercise and I didn't NEED to be at the store in 5 minutes. We slowed down so she could practice walking backwards, walking along the edge of the sidewalk and the grass, to see the store that had big balloons in...
Well, like I said, my DH will be working in Emeryville, so we'd like to be somwhere along the red, orange, or yellow lines as seen here: http://www.bart.gov/stations/index.aspx I hate the idea of long commutes, so I don't think we want to go as far out as Concord or Richmond. And we don't have any need to be in SF itself. Where we live right now, we're in walking distance of the park, library, grocery store, a yarn shop, etc. And I love being that close to everything,...
What car seat would you buy for your toddler? My 20 month old is small-ish? She grew a lot as a baby, but its slowed down. She's 32" and 24-25 pounds. I'm thinking of getting her a new seat when we have the next baby and giving the baby her seat. Money is an issue for us, but I was thinking that if we save her Christmas $$ and birthday $$ and set aside some every month, we could probably get a really nice seat for her. Of course, I want her to rear face as long as...
I can't really help you, but I'm in the same boat. My DH just got an internship out there that starts in May and I have similar questions. Whether or not the area is "AP" I don't know, but they do seem to be pretty "crunchy." I considered getting a backup midwife for my UC (I get to move while really pregnant, yay!) and so I looked up midwives in the area, and there seems to be a lot of options for homebirth. I think I'm just going to go ahead with the UC and not worry...