or Connect

Posts by TopHat

It depends on the UCer. I have a friend who paid a small fee for a midwife to be "on call" during that time, with the understanding that she might not call at all ever. When my daughter was born, we lived (still do, but we'll be moving before the next one, so it won't be the same, obviously) 3 blocks from the biggest, baddest hospital in the county (and there are many). Definitely able to get to a hospital that can handle emergencies quickly. We figured if there was a...
Unfortunately, they are probably referencing the CDC's advice here: http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/infantfeeding.htm "If you are breastfeeding, someone who is not sick can give your baby your expressed milk."
I had a terrible cold all weekend. I'm getting over it. My biggest fear was that my morning sickness would start in the middle of my cold. Luckily for me, it hasn't yet. With my DD I got morning sick at 8 weeks- which happens to be Thanksgiving. Yay... But this cold and pregnancy together has made me REALLY tired. I can't get anything done around here. My poor DD has sat at home with me because I just can't get myself out. She's got to be bored out of her mind.
Yeah, there is a thread, but it's lost deep in the DDC archives. http://mothering.com/discussions/sho...php?t=1155976& Yay for UCing!
I saw this lolcats and thought it pertained to this thread. I totally felt like this after my daughter was born and family and friends wanted to hold her. http://icanhascheezburger.com/2009/1...cant-hold-her/
Hi. I have a 19 month old and I'm totally afraid of her doing a holiday wean this year. I know holiday weaning usually pertains to small babies, but I don't think my toddler will be immune to it. Last weekend we were at a family function and while playing with cousins she went hours without nursing- something she doesn't normally do- she usually nurses every 2 hours or so. We will be seeing family for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. For Thanksgiving we'll be seeing DH's...
We EC and my daughter is only 19 months, so this might not be applicable, but I've found that lately she's been very distracted by the things around her. When I know it's about time for her to potty, I'll ask her, "Do you need to go potty?" And she'll say "No" but then pee on the floor 5 minutes later. I've found that bringing the little potty to her helps. She's much more apt to go if it means she doesn't have to leave her toys and go away to the bathroom. Bringing the...
I'm 6 weeks along and we've tried to tell DD there's a baby in my belly, but she's not quite getting it (she's only 19 months). HOWEVER, for the last 3 days when she wakes up in the morning, she signs and says"baby" and points to our front door. I try to tell her there's no baby at the door, but she insists. It's weird.
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBegonias food poisoning is the pits! there have been a few studies (will try to dig them up and post them) linking ginger to m/c. And I was looking forward to gingerbread season during my nausea time! I've got to look up some studies myself on RRL... So fun.
I'm a little surprised. I got up and threw up last night. I'm only at 5 and a half weeks and with my DD, I didn't get nauseous until 8 weeks! I'm wondering if it's pregnancy related or something like regular food poisoning. I haven't been eating well this weekend because we had some family in town and there were parties and such. Got out my gingersnaps, though. Ginger is supposed to help with nausea. And if this is my morning sickness, I am NOT ready for it. Can someone...