or Connect

Posts by Mindful Mom

We're moving to Westtown Township in June and need a good family doc.  My kids are 10 and 12 and we're mostly non-vax (though I do want to do a few in the coming years).   I don't want to deal with an office that doesn't accept insurance, so that's another important point.   Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!   Thanks!!
Can someone take a look at this WHO publication and tell me what you think?  Were there REALLY 122,000 measles deaths in 2012?  I have a hard time believing these statistics:   http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/     FTR:  we have not done any vaccines in 10 years (although I do somethings wonder about the meningitis vaccine that is going to come up soon for my 12 year old DS).   Thanks!
Hi everyone -- we are relocating from FL to PA this summer and need to figure out what we need to do in terms of vaccine exemptions for public school (we have one who will be starting 5th and another starting 7th).  Here in FL, I had to go sit at the health department, watch a movie aimed at convincing me my children would die, and then get them to sign a special form which I have submitted in lieu of vaccine records.    What will need to do in PA?  We'll be in the Great...
Try Premier Family Health in Wellington.
My family and I go to Dr Knauss as well. We live in Wellington and gladly make the drive up to Palm Beach Gardens. I never had to sign a waiver and, while she WILL vax if you want to (we don't), she is decidedly anti-vax.
Anyone have a LO with this? DS (almost 8) was diagnosed with it about 2 years ago and I had mostly put it out of my mind until I read something recently and got freaked out. Here's what happened: One evening he had a slight bit of blood in his urine (just a small amount at the very end of the stream). I had him in to the doctor within 48-hours. His urine tested neg. for blood and it has never happened again. The doc said it was probably a fluke thing (possibly...
Zoinks! I didn't know I was breaking any rules by posting about my blog. Sorry What's proper protocol? Thanks for your feedback, doubledutch. It's very much appreciated! Oh, and yes. It's supposed to be Just Breathe. Ugh. I can change the title, but not the URL.
and I'm nervous as heck!! Someone please tell me what you think (and please be honest!!!) http://justbreath.typepad.com/
We've gone around and around with different peds in the area (we live in Wellington as well -- where are you?). I have heard some not-so-great things about Edelstein, but I don't have any personal experience with him. We go up to Palm Beach Gardens (takes me about 25 minutes) to see a family practitioner/homeopath. She doesn't have the best personality, but I like her because she's a good mix of conventional/holistic. For example -- my son had pneumonia last fall and...
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the first thing that comes to mind -- symptoms include insulin resistance and increased testosterone (which could explain the changes in hair grown/appearance). PCOS also negatively affects fertility.... Good luck getting everything figured out -- I hope you feel better soon!