or Connect

Posts by FunkSoulMommy

I don't know about the doula training, but I got the chance to meet the woman who created "the JJ way" this summer & she is AMAZING! I would do pretty much anything to get to hear her talk again...
Hmmm... actually I don't seem to have to much trouble with tightness lol.... it may be just the opposite... now when i have my period I actually have some pretty intense pain that feels like my whole "hoo-ha" is just going to fall out.  I have checked for any type of obvious prolapse as my mother had a complete uterine prolapse after her second birth, but I couldn't feel anything...  This is really making me bonkers as I was a VERY sexual/sensual person before this and...
So I had an extensive 2nd degree tear with my son who is now 2.5 years old... The doctor stitched away... I was really sore but thought it was normal... At the risk of TMI it is now years later & i am still experiencing some pretty intense pain anytime any adult activities are taking place... & Its not just with internal stimulation, I am actually unable to become excited at all without the area where the tear was feeling almost bruised and it almost feels like there is...
The reason I'm not taking classes through an online program is cost... I can get scholarships & loans for actual college classes... This university is really odd though... The only med. term class is for physical therapy/nursing students... I could take nutrition I guess...   I ended up signing up for Anatomy, chem 2, medical ethics, yoga, & group communication...  I am already 1 class from a minor in women's studies, but almost all our women's studies classes are...
I am currently working on an independent study approach to midwifery training & have the option to attend college classes this semester to help me in the process. I plan on taking Anatomy & Medical Ethics but need at least 2 more classes. I already have a BA in Psychology, and minors in both Sociology & religious studies... I am currently working as a doula so if it could potentially benefit me there, I am open to that as well. If you could take classes to assist...
So we did our first attempt at insemination this month & we're really impatient so we haven't even made it to our full 2ww yet, but we tested tonight & got a weird result... We took an EPT test with the +/- outcome and the control line came up and the horizontal line came up right away & then like 5 tiny blue dots came up above the horizontal line where the top positive line would be... none beneath... Calm my nerves... was this just a faulty test, or could we have just...
When my son was just 16 months we went to visit my parents and my mom was supposed to be watching him while I went out to the car... I come back in to find her in the kitchen and he comes running in with chocolate all over his face... I yell at mom for giving my baby chocolate and she turns around all confused and says she doesn't even have any chocolate.... BUT she does have a litterbox..... I never expected to call the VET for my toddler!!!! Thankfully neither he...
I may not be the best answer you can get as I am a doula who works in Southern WV, but I wanted to direct you to a few places where you can probably talk to those who can give you the answers you need. www.friendsofmidwives.com is the WV friends of midwives site and seems much more active than the midwives alliance of wv. I know there are quite a few midwife members and I am sure they would love to help you out. You might also want to try contacting the lovely...
Just wanted to pop on here and invite any mommas who might be local to drop me a line and check out the new parenting group I am trying to get started... I have had limited amounts of interest thus far, but I would love to have enough members to be able to schedule a monthly meeting where we can all get together as well as hold mini "classes" sometimes where members can give a talk on their own special interests in the world of parenting. Feel free to email me and I...
Hi there, not sure if you fond what you are looking for, or where you are exactly, but I'm new in Ashland KY & planning on working in the greater huntington area as well as traveling a bit further as needed. I actually grew up in Logan & Lincoln Counties so I don't know exactly where you are located, but I would be more than happy to talk to you if you like! Casey yourbarefootbirth@yahoo.com