or Connect

Posts by kjoy2

Rinap, sounds like you are in the same area of CA we lived in when I birthed the twins.    Gena's advice is very wise.   In CA, from what I could find, you'll likely find cowboy but not the experience that allows confidence.     I went for a HB but ended up transferring (non-emergent) to a supportive OB.  If I did it again I'd go directly with the OB but labor at home for a while first.   
I never used them b/c my kids screamed bloody murder in them.  But, I never had older children to manage.  I would wear them.  One on the back in a Beco w/infant insert and ergo in front.  I think that is still easier, b/c then you have hands free to deal with older kids. 
I think it truly depends on your babies' temperaments.  If you have two babies on the easier side, the help you are planning should be enough.  If you end up with two high needs / colicky kiddos, then you might need more help doing things for YOU - grocery shopping, making meals, etc.     Also, I'd think about extending the help past 3 months, if the babes will be at home with you while you are working.    I would also come up with a 'just in case' plan in the...
I agree with you!  If there aren't any problems, there's no need to create any.  The more cooked your babies are, the better it will be.  If your gut tells you to go to 39, do it.  If you go into labor before then, I'm sure you'd be able to get to the hospital and have a c-section before the *very unlikely* chance of a cord prolapse.  It sounds like you have your head squarely on your shoulders and you know what you think is best.   FWIW, my babes were born at 42 weeks...
Oh, also, if you can, increase the amount of meaningful interactions & cuddles with both girls in the calm moments!  Play with them!  Have fun with them!  Let them cuddle & climb on you - help everyone to feel more connected in a good way. 
It IS really difficult for young children to self-regulate.  So, I'd be flexible with your response depending on the situation.  You don't want her becoming completely stressed out, but you do want her behavior to change.  Some ideas of responses in case of a tantrum:  Hug her for a minute to get her to calm down.  If that works, done!  If you go to continue with whatever you were doing, which might include putting her down, and she starts to scream again,...
I've had to do something similar to what Shuli posted with my 'needier' girl.  It worked.  Now things are more even with both kids and I don't feel bad for 'neglecting' the 'easier' one.  They do learn quickly what works to get your attention... however they may do that. 
That was one of his gifts to you.  To feel guilty doesn't do either of you any good.  Talk to him about how you feel.  I'm serious.  Get a photo of him, take 20 minutes when you have alone time, and talk to him.   Someone once suggested this to me (with my dad), and it really was a healing thing to do.  Hugs to you.  Be gentle with yourself. 
We started solids when they were 6 months old (gest & chron).  First was avocado.  They weren't ready - one gagged and the other had resulting bowl issues.  So we offered a solid about once a week until they were 8 months old, which is when they could feed themselves and had no gagging or bowl issues.  My kids were never open-mouth-for-the-spoon kids.  They really weren't into the whole feeding thing, so we didn't push it till they could feed themselves.  That also makes...
YAY for you!  That sounds like a great change for you & your babies.     I recently went GF/DF, too, as well as nightshade free, though I've been backpedaling on the dairy (oh ice cream and butter!).  I had been feeling awful, irritable, not sleeping well & getting migraines way too frequently, and the dietary changes combined with some herbal sups & vitamins have made a world of difference.  i feel like the 'old me'.   Even one of my three year olds said to me just...