or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Also - a friend of mine has always had really bad enamel.  A lot of the enamel just didn't form on her adult teeth - espeically the backs of them.  To keep her teeth 'safer' they sealed the backs of them?!...I am not sure what the correct term is for that.  That sounds a lot better to me than capping his front teeth....  ?!   I have never had any problems with my first son and my dentist is always shocked this boy has never had a bottle! 
I grew up in America but now live in the UK with my DH and our two boys.  My second son is having some issues with his teeth that are clearly genetic and nothing I have done wrong (or even right! - they just are!).  He got his teeth early ( first 2 at 2 months and then one every month - by a year of age he had 16 teeth and got all 20 at 22 months of age!).  A lot of these teeth came in 'grey' looking (no, nothing dodgy in pregnancy - but he is an April baby so when the...
I ate my placenta....raw. After being a vegetarian for 20 years, a vegan for a good few of those...I now eat meat but only sustainable game....and mostly just road kill.  That's pretty crunchie right? I have no only breastfed my own children, donated my milk to many others through 'human milk 4 human babies' on Facebook but I have also 'wet nursed' other children.  I don't even consider myself crunchie! lmao  I have a shower every day, I wash my hair everyday and I...
Beautiful!  I would love someone to take photos of me and my children like this.  And your hair is so lovely! :)  I regret cutting mine...but am growing it out again! hehe 
I did not introduce solids to my 12lbs 4oz baby boy at birth, until he was a year of age.  He was EBF prior to. 
I would like to hear how you thank your food?  Do you have a little poem or quote or prayer that you say over your food before you eat?  Etc.  Please share! :)
I put it on first before getting in the car - you can then adjust it if need be once you are inside a shop.  This is one of the great things about a woven wrap though - they won't stretch out of shape so you can put them in and out and in and out many times before needing to adjust it unlike with a stretchie wrap which I find needs tightening everytime you take them out and put them back in again!    Alternativly, you can chuck the wrap over your shoulder and carry...
I do have a lot as well and yes, I have different favourites for different ages and situations which is really why I would struggle to just pick one!  I have a lot of people come to me for advice on a sling and I really struggle to help them pick out ONE because in their mind, one is all they need - like one pushchair or something! lmao....   Anyroad....   I find for newborns I either reach for a ring sling or a stretchy wrap.  I then don't really like ring...
The kind that takes marshmallows or fluff please!  A nice rich chocolatly one! Because fudge in American is NOT the same thing as fudge here in the UK and 'fudge' here in the UK is...well...its gross!  I thought I would treat my british friends to some real home made American fudge!  I have a friend who used to do one with marshmallows (melted them?) ...but its a family recipe she won't give me! lol  Her fudge was great!  Oh also - I would like the recipe to allow for...
Its worth trying if you think it will.  No harm in doing so!  Just take your toddlers lead.  I could do this with my first son who would easily nap 3+ hours if I let him - and it helped when I woke him up after an hour or two!  I however, can not do this with my second son.  If he is tired - he is tired and you can not wake him because if you try he is grumpy and angry and gets violent on you!  So with him...I leave him.  Of course he won't be ready for bed until 10-11pm...