or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Out of interest really!  I know it can vary.  I am interested in when yours stopped feeding in the night?  Mine hasn't stopped yet but he has only just turned 2 so I don't expect him to wean anytime soon.  However, when he does - will it be gradual or sudden?  Does that vary too or is it always gradual?  DS1 completely different fish and practically was sleeping through the night from birth! lmao   I ask here because I know those that don't plan to BF full term can...
I don't want to encourage early weaning but this morning I was thinking about 'hunger'.  I was cleaning up the kitchen and DS2 (who is 23 months) was asking to nurse.  I knew he was hungry - he had not had any breakfast yet.  I wouldn't have denied him from nursing but it did have me wondering when - if at all - you would offering food instead if you knew they were hungry.  I nursed im and then offering him food and then he wanted to nurse again - so thats what I did. ...
Thanks for the replies!  Sounds just like what we are after and I don't think the cost is too much either!  Even if we just use it to get us through the winter months! hehe
And would you recommend it? Do you enjoy it? Does your child enjoy it? Please let me know! :)   I am not sure I can put the link - but you can google it. It seems to be an online/printable cirriculum of various 'grades'.  
The one good thing was my MW.  She respected my wishes.  I had a tiny tid bit on what I would like to happen in an emergency.  She was totally supprtive - down to the home made cord ties!  She even put the placenta in the bowl we brought so I could take it home ( I ate it! lol) and ...and and and...the BEST part...she put my son right to my chest - right away - she latched him on for me and he had his first feed whilst I was still unconcious!...(if you have to have a...
Wow - I didn't even know this thread existed!...I guess I shall introduce myself!...   My name is Ann, I am 27 and mum to two wonderful boys - Duncan who was born in September 05 and Hamish - who just turned ONE! :o this past Friday!...   Both were born via section.  Hamish was a failed UBAC, failed HBAC, failed VBAC....(it really went downhill!)...I laugh and joke of course but it is just a mask I wear to help me cope I think...   I can start with Duncan. ...
I had a slightly better experience in that my first section (for breech and me being uninformed first time mum) - I was awake for it and heard and saw everything...   and my second section (overtired long hard labour and a 12lbs 4oz baby - no GD...I just grow em big - DS1 was 10 and a half pounds! lol)...whilst I had to be knocked out as epi failed (three attempts!) my MW was there with me, took pictures of everything AND respected my wishes to put baby to my breast...
DS2 is a very awake baby!...And whilst I never 'worried' about it - I did certainly find it very hard.  I remember sitting here when he was two weeks old thinking 'You have been awake for five HOURS!...this is NOT normal for a newborn!'...haha...DS1 was your typical baby who slept all-day-long...so it was quite a shock to my system (especially as DS2 would not be put down either!)...   I can assure you that your baby's brain and development will be just fine though! ...
Is it at all possible (sorry I havn't read all the replies!) to not consider a daycare and to instead find a childminder/nanny? (a childminder is actually cheaper than a daycare/nursery here - nanny more expensive but you can find them for cheaper than daycares depending on the hours you have them work)  As a childminder/nanny myself - if one were to hire me, I would of course be happy to carry on doing things as mum would do them.  I couldn't imagine trying to get my...
I have heard (and know) many breastfed babies that take a long time to start eating solids and to start eating solids where solids make up a majority of their nutritional needs.  It is very important to remember that breastmilk is bloody perfect! - and IS sufficient.  If your child is nursing, they need that and it is giving them what they need.  There is far more calories and well balanced nutrition in breastmilk - more than any solids you could offer them.  (sure...