or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Quote: Originally Posted by jsh7809 I kinda HOPE it's teeth - I know it makes no sense, but I just want to get those 2 teeth over with. I tried to explain that to my SIL (who's 8 months pregnant), the desire to just know that it is in fact teeth and then have them over with, even though it's only 2 out of however many. She thinks I'm crazy. I'm like, "it's the same with everything - if she's whiny and then finally has a big fart, I'm like, 'oh...
I swear by the teething necklace (and the sling as he is in there so much and much more happy in the sling)....he got two teeth at three months of age and there are clearly more on the way and he has been happy as a clam! I took Hamish out of the sling today and sat him down on the ground - and he sat up!....for a few seconds! hehe It's a start! For some strange reason I would like to be one of those people that can say 'I EBF my baby until they were a year...
Quote: Originally Posted by mbhf You can wear babies in many positions in a sling. None of my children have liked the cradle hold, I have always worn them upright tummy to tummy, in several different carriers, including ring slings and pouches. What she said. I love my ring sling and it mostly what I use - but they are always tummy to tummy and upright as that is most comfortable for me and them. The OP is thinking of a pouch. I...
When DS1 was about 7 months old. And we started with touch and feel books. That was when I could actually sit down and read him a story where he was interested in it and engaged. Before then, he didn't enjoy it. So far - DS2 who is only 5 months old has no interested in engaging...just eating the books! So I havn't been able to read them to him yet! I have a few friends who insist they have been able to do it from the very start but I havn't found that...
Quote: Milestones! Max has been really into checking out the objects in his hands (usually the pacifier) and passing it back and forth between hands. Lol - we are getting this too which is resulting in a lot of funny crossed-eyes moments!
Hun....parenting is not a guiltless job - but there is no need to worry about something you can't un-do. (unless of course you have some sort of magical time machine you arn't telling us about!)...what I am trying to say is: don't beat yourself up about little stuff. You can only do your best (and you clearly are trying to do that) so try not and worry!
Snoopy - I know how you feel. Its not only about never having a daughter for me (I never pictured myself with two boys - wanna swap? lmao - joking of course, I love my boys to bits - you know how it is though!)... but its also about not having a vaginal birth to me so even that is hard for me to take on board...seeing my friends get pregnant and have wonderful easy homebirths. My hope is to have a normal sized baby - perhaps I will have better luck with twins because...
DS1 at this age just started to work out rolling. DS2 had been doing that since 8 weeks though! By 4 months, DS2 started to push his upper body up with his arms and he can get himself round in circles but can neither really crawl or sit up. Neither are doing much else though at that age - DS2 just turned 5 months old.
Its crazy to see those pictures of your little girl Ivy - the difference between 5 months and 6 months is amazing! I can't picture Hamish yet sitting up that sturdy! She is so chunky too! Hamish is huge and still way up there on the percentiles but because he is also so long I don't get much lovely chunk to squish on him! hehe
I guess I have been lucky - perhaps its been all those anitbodies I have passed onto him those early days. I did not get ill at all in pregnancy but as soon as Hamish was born I came down with cold after sinus infection after cold! - it was terrible!.... As a result perhaps? - He has not been ill yet! Not a single drop of snot! I know DS1 by this age had had at least TWO colds by now!