or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Oh - and I saw this program once about sex (documentary, not dirty!) and it said that the more you have sex - the more you desire it! So, if it becomes a real problem between you and your other half - maybe its something you could just jump into for their benefit? (I know I have done that in the past) and find yourself with a sex drive soon after? I know I had a friend (who didn't BF at all by the way) who had no sex drive after having their second child and she went to...
Yes I think it is normal. First baby around - in pregnancy my sex drive rose. So much so my poor DH couldn't keep up! I continued to feel that way after having my son. Second baby though....it went down - way down! Still is and DS2 is 5 months old today. We have honestly not had sex since I ovulated (we were charting! lol). Seriously. I feel no sex drive coming back anytime soon. I think you should stop feeling guilty because it is normal. If it is...
I forgot to add muslins! They are great for everything! My 5 year old still uses them at the table like a cloth napkin! We bought more this time around!
Elimination Communication...its amazing and I really hardly use any cloth nappies at all! I guess it depends on the baby. DS1 was a pretty placid baby and was just happy to lay anywhere. DS2 need to be held all the time. So whilst I got away with two slings with DS1 - I need more with DS2! ...but whilst DS1 was happy with a bouncer chair - waste of money for DS2! lol I am too lazy to figure out when you are due lol - DS2 was born in April so he really needed...
Us April mamas are a chatty bunch of people!....look how many pages our thread has already! I can't keep up with all of this! ....I will try though! I am convinced that Hamish just likes the shower! DS1 hates it. He only ever tolerates baths as it is! I was hoping for a baby that would like the shower because that would just make things easier and it looks like that is what I got! hehe I am convinced DS1 doesn't like the shower because I hardly ever took him in...
I always counted the first word as the word they say with meaning. I never count dada or mum because those really are just 'sounds' (they happen to be handy sounds but are really no different than baba and gaga lol) they are repeating.
Then get a sign that says this
DS1 - we didn't childproof anything. We didn't need to. Some things were slightly annoying, but thats life - or at least that is how I saw it then. Sure, he empties everything in the bathroom drawers and throws it down the stairs - but it only ever took me a few minutes to clean up and as a reward, I got an extra half hour sleep in! Sure - he takes out all the pots and pans, but at least I can cook us a meal whilst he did that! hehe... Nothing was ever dangerous and...
Jen - does he have an actual tongue tie? Both my sons have - I made sure Hamish got his snipped right away! I don't know what I would have done if that didn't happen!
Jess - would it really not be better co-sleeping? I couldn't imagine having to get up that many times! If it makes you feel any better, I know Hamish feeds at least that amount of times in the night and I think that is totally normal! Cept - I don't have to move (unless I am swapping a boob! hehe) and he is right there...so even though I do wake up, it is for the briefest of moments and not a full-on-waking (like getting up out of bed would be!) and that really does...