or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Its my birthday today! And I am so chuffed because a very good friend of mine also had her baby today! How cool is that! (and even more chuffed because I got the time and day right in my guess...now only to find out if I got the weight right too! hehe)
Well - he has discovered something new!... Today Hamish started to push his upper body up with his arms. He isn't crawling yet but there is distinct intent in his movments. He now sees a toy within his reach, lifts his upper body up, pushes off to turn in that direction and gets toy! So - he can turn in circles! hehe
We co sleep as well. Sometimes - I think so far it has happened four times in total (and hes nearly 5 months old! lol) - he has fallen asleep (at the boobie - where else? lol) whilst we lay down in bed and it has been early enough that I was not tired/ready to go to bed and I was able to get up and go about my evening with him still asleep in the bed. Mostly he just wakes up if I am not there though - but hes a pretty attached baby. Right now he is asleep in the ring...
Both my sons started teething early. That doesn't mean they will get a tooth - the teeth can shift under the gums for some time before showing themselvs. With DS1, he started teething at 12 weeks but didn't get a tooth until he was 6 months old. His last back molars also shifted for a year under his gums before they showed themselves. DS2 however started teething around 6 weeks. He got TWO teeth at THREE months of age! hahaha! Oh the joys!
We were there. He eventually lost interest in the soother. We eventually worked my boobs out! DS2 also only nurses for about 5 mintues - do you have a huge supply/fast letdown by any changes? I know I have a huge supply and fast letdown so 5 minutes is all he needs to get full! I do some heavy block feeding and that way he can comfort suck as much as he wants without getting too much milk! It does mean he nurses more - but I can also now nurse him in a sling. Very...
DS1 was a very placid laid back baby. He had to be woken. Mostly to eat. Or I bet he would just sleep for days without eating! lol He also likes routine - still does at 5. I used to often wake him from a nap because he could sleep for HOURS and if I just let him sleep and sleep, then a whole lot of things could get all wacky for us and he would really be a very unhappy bunny! DS2 is the kind of baby that when he finally DOES fall asleep - don't wake him! For the...
Quote: She had a marathon giggle fest at the crazy faces her grandma made today, SO awesome, and I got it on video! Share!!! Hamish will giggle but it usually takes a lot of work and then it is only a few giggles rather than storm of giggles. Hes a very serious baby but loves to smile at people! A good smile is about all I can get out of him! We are not having any sleep problems but he does have a new earlier wake up time which is around...
Quote: This weekend I was feeling this frustration - I was outside and DD1 was happily playing in her sandbox and I was holding DD2 looking at the mess that is my back patio and wishing I could just *do something* - weed, clean up, fix the patio furniture, etc. And then I stopped myself, realized that next summer I will be able to do those things, but I won't be able to hold a snuggly baby on my lap and who *cares* if the patio has weeds anyways and I just...
Quote: How are you doing with processing your birth? I know it didn't go the way you hoped and planned it would, and that can be difficult. I think it is something I will be processing for the rest of the my life. I doubt we will ever have more children. At this point, if we were to shoot for a third, my only reason would be the hopeful vaginal birth. I can think of a million reasons why I am happy with the two I have - and only one reason why I...
Might as well jump in! You can add me to the list! Ann_of_loxley - Hamish born on the 22nd (all 12lbs 4oz of him - though do I really need to remind anyone of that? lol) - and his big brother Duncan born the 19th of September and is about to become FIVE years old! ! (my birthday is the 13th! ).... I like Virgos and am very happy Hamish held on a few extra days to make it to a Taurus! lol We already have two teeth here and two more are just coming in! I...