or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

We don't have those baby things either - he is only ever in the sling or in my arms. We have been out to eat many times. Sometimes nothing fancy, just us at the weekends. Sometimes fancy - we went out to indian once. If he is asleep - and if I go out at night, he generally is - then I can sit and eat. If he is awake he can sit in my lap - I can hold him with one hand. Though hes a right monkey now and tries to grab everything (hes 5 and a half months) so this doesn't...
My various tactics so far have been: Wait till DH can hold him. This may meaning getting up earlier before he goes to work so I can at least have a shower if nothing else for the day - or having him work at home a few days a week to grab a shower then, etc. and Bring him in with me. Either in my water sling or I have laid him down in the bath or I just simply hold him with one arm and wash one side of my body - swap arms and wash the other! lmao This is...
If the car seats havn't 'exprired' - most people (due the fact most people in general shoot for the 2 year age gap) usually shoulnd't hand the car seats down because the child isn't physically ready to move on to the next car seat. There is nearly 5 years between my children, and as it happens - I can pass them down to the next child because DS1 is big enough and physically able to move on. At 5 - he finally moved forward facing into a booster at 47lbs because he outgrew...
I swear by amber teething necklaces (he has three teeth so far and has been happy as a clam!). Also - chamomilla (homeopathic remedy) is really good too (If he is happy in your arms, there is no need to give him drugs. Both my boys have survived without them so far!). You may need to go back to co-sleeping. My son seems to only fall asleep in one of two ways: 1). At the boob or 2). In a sling. I highly recommend you get some type of sling (if a wrap or a mei tai...
THREE TEETH!
When they can walk. lol
Quote: I have been told that delaying solids too long can make them a little more finicky with textures as they get older but would like to know if there's any basis behind this. I don't think there is any actual scientific proof behind this theory. It is just a theory that may make sense to some people. Usually, most toddlers are picky eaters. I am honestly not even sure what the percentiles are for either...you have to look at the whole...
There is nearly 5 years between my children. 0-1 was deffinately the hardest adjustment. I had no previous experience with children - DS1 was the first baby I ever held! I had to find my way through parenting like trying to find your way down a long dark tunnel filled with boxes! lol - and, lets face facts....as we are here on MDC, we have a lot common in our ways of parenting but in the 'real world' we tend to parent very differently from our peers so it can be a...
That is just how it is with babies. DS2 need to be put to sleep - usually in the sling with movment or at the boob. DS1 - used to drift off to sleep. But then he was bottle fed and had a dummy which is what I feel helped him be able to do this. Looking back, I do feel sad about that personally.
I do think age 4 is rather young. Maybe though, this is because at 4, my son still wasn't happy about me leaving either! He has only just turned 5 and I still don't think he is cool with that idea. However - I think people tend to think that once they are school age (and in school), that this is an acceptable thing to do. Perhaps because they suddenly have many more friends that they didn't have before and you don't necissarily want to be friends with the parents -...