or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

We dont have any 'stories' and we are still co-sleeping (DS was 4 in September)...and we have another one due this April...so we just bought a super huge bed! lol... But I have nothing negative to say about it! We have only had good come from it!
This is no longer a happy face post! lol We are stuck. My fanny is killing me and I can't do much walking right now!... And if school continues to stay out, I continue to gain no money (I nanny for some schooled children). At least DH can work from home (cause the car hasn't moved since Tuesday...they don't grit out area and its just far too dangerous to risk tbh) and can walk to Tesco which is about 20 mins walk away...as long as they actually have food in!...
The thing is right...I am feeling a bit distant from them now. I mean - they have always had their 'reservations' about the way we choose to parent. But nothing has really directly affected them. Whats it to them if we choose to co-sleep as a family, if I choose to carry on a nursing relationship with a 4 year old, if I wear my baby in a sling all-day-long...they have their reservations, they have their laugh but it really has nothing to do with them. However -...
My son would listen at three. But...what he could understand/remember...made me feel it wasn't really worth it! lol He was pretty much about to drop dead asleep anyhow. Id like to feel I could pick up a book and read it bits to him at a time and he could remember and piece them together (like I do when I read a book!). As it is, I read outloud to him loads and he is always asking me what things say so I don't think he is missing out. And he loves loves loves books on...
Really something I have never been fussed about - as long as you are not walking where there is dog poo and broken glass everywhere!...We quite enjoy being barefoot!
I have this book and I liked it as well. I bought it at the same time I bought Naomi Aldorts 'Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves'. Both books are along the same lines and to me, very 'consensual living' type of books. Both books give loads of good examples and ideas. A great help when you are stuck and need encouragment! One thing I did find, is that I did not find this as easy to read as Aldorts book. I think this is just how my brain is wired. Aldorts...
His hair sounds lovely! Do you have a photo somewhere like on facebook or on flickr or wherever? If you do - right click on the photo, then click on properites. Youll see an 'http://' thingy there - Highlight and copy that. Paste it here to share! hehe
Quote: Originally Posted by BellinghamCrunchie I think saying "I feel sad because my favorite lamp is broken" is different from saying "I feel sad because you broke my favorite lamp." I think its okay to express sadness the first way, but not so much the second way. I agree with this as well. I think you really have to watch how you say it. You can even replace the feeling of 'sad' with any other feeling such as 'angry' or 'frustrated'. ...
Quote: I think I look about the same as a lot of people on here... and not nearly as big as Ivy, for example. Well you know - I wasn't gonna name names lmao
I like Heather and Hazel for a girl for a boy... Heath Hugh Harrison ( love this one...but thats also our last name so it would be cruel to name our child this lmao...can you imagine 'this is our son Harrison Harrison'...sounds like they could be an estage agent or lawyer lol)