or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

Quote: Originally Posted by beanma I don't like my kids to go to bed with wet hair (theirs is also fine like some pp's kids') because it tangles more if they sleep on it wet. We've got enough trouble in that direction already. I don't need any more help! We also use conditioner. Which prevents tangles and it means I can gentle comb out his hair in the bath whilst it has conditioner in it. It also leaves his hair tangle free for much...
It would certainly depend on the area and the child....and well, the parents comfort levels (and they will be able to know their children best) too. Circumstance could be a factor as well...such as 'alone' or with siblings and/or friends. I would never live in a city if I didn't have to. We live in the country. A small village very close to a small town...its the kind of place where most people know your name! lol The school is also, literally, right next door...
Yes - I did one with my son at 39 weeks. I plan to do one again as well at a similar time in this pregnancy. It is VERY easy to do. The kits are so cheap if you want to buy a kit! Its only kinda messy, so obviously best to do it in the kitchen or something though the kit we bought last time came with a very large clear plastic sheet to put under you anyhow. DH simply covered me in vaseline (well, my bump and boobs - basically where the plaster stuff was going) and...
We are planning a UBAC - and are also 30 mins from any hospital.
I had to say - it was pretty comical a few weeks ago. You really just had to be there but basically, I just got up in the morning and HAD to pee. DH was in the bathroom at the sink doing his morning stuff (shaving, brushing teeth, etc). I had to go so I just went!...and went...and went...and went...and went ..... Seriously, it must have been a continuous stream for about 3 mintues! lol He slowly turned to look at me and was like 'you finished yet?' lmao...
With girls, its harder to tell and they can never be 100% accurate. In fact, at least in this country, they usually give you a percentage when they think its a girl...they might say ...60% sure its a girl or 85% sure its a girl. Never ever have I heard them say 100% sure its a girl. I however, have never heard them use percentages with boys. Its usually pretty obvious. If its a boy, they usually just say 'its a boy!'. lol And I have never known anyone told it was...
The only children I know who walk on their toes, have been left in walkers too long. (not the push kind, the 'sit in' kind) And that makes sense. I wouldn't say it 'teaches' them to walk on their toes, but it doesn't encourage proper muscle development. I had a close friend whos daughter had to have physio because of it. The tendons in her feet were too short in the back, so just couldn't put her feet flat and could only walk on her toes. She was left in a walker too...
I live in the UK - they are not illegal here but I know that its a heck of a lot of money to ship them to the US/Canada! hehe Mind, I think they are pretty safe and fantastic seats (I have one myself that RF up to 55lbs) ...it seems so silly to make them 'illegal' there! (wonder why that is!) ...I am pretty sure if they are suitable for our cars, they are for yours. I can't see how they would not be - despite I know someone will say that you really need to try and fit...
Quote: Originally Posted by bubbamummy This baby moves a lot more than my son ever did. I can usually get 10 kicks in less than 10 minutes at almost any time of day. With my son though, he frequently wouldnt move for hours on end. Same here!
I am peeing a lot as well - more so this prengnacy than when I was pregnant with DS. I think its a girl lol I find it funny that it really can depend on which position baby is currently in. I can be walking along and then all of a sudden need to pee...then baby can shift and I don't any longer! lol Or I can be sitting down and fine...soon as I get up and start walking around I am about to burst! lol