or Connect

Posts by ann_of_loxley

I think at two, they might be willing to have the option. We got my son his own bed but he never was interested in it and it was taking up space so its in the loft currently. I am also expecting and we just got a bigger bed. My son was 4 in September - and has no interest in his own bed just yet. I also don't think with a new little one coming along that he would. I like that he knows he still has a place in the family bed despite expecting a baby. I think it will...
I tend to say 'okay'. Because at the end of the day, its their choice. If I find its something that will really be of help to me - like real help and not just be being kinda lazy (lol), then I may explain to them why I would like them to do X,Y,Z,etc. Like...for example: 'Can you hand me my slippers please?' - 'No'...'Okay'... get off my lazy bum and get them (only asked cause I just sat down and he was closer lol). Or perhaps...: 'Can you get me the new bottle...
I am the same as you - I just don't have the money to do any of that! lol I would love to throw parties for all the seasons and holidays and I am SO crafty and I make excellent cakes too (and if I set the bar on anything, its the cakes...I love making my son cakes ...I love baking period! At least with cakes though, other parents usually just ask if I can make their childs birthday cake)! lmao...But this kinda stuff costs money. Even if you make everything yourself. ...
We are planning a blessingway - but I still have to find someone to do the henna! lol
And I am a true believer in visualisation - so we will see how this turns out! hehe... My ideal birth: I go to bed early this night...I wake up early in the morning (its a week day, but I don't know which day! lol) but since going to bed early, have had plenty of sleep and feel ready for the day - ready for this birth. My son is still sleeping - but he would do as he normally gets up between 9 and 10 and its 4 in the morning. I wake DH up because things are...
Quote: Originally Posted by laughingfox That is just so damn cute!! I can't think of anything to share at the moment.. mostly my daughter's just been cheating at dominoes lately.. LOL!... I asked my son to divide up the dominos the other day (one of his fav games to play with me that I can tolerate for a handful of times over lol)...and I went to put something in the kitchen whilst I did that...only to come back and find out that he not...
Did it do the same thing with all your pregnancies ...or something different? lol I used to think that all womans tummy buttoms popped out late in pregnancy. We kept and eye on mine the whole time when I was pregnant with my DS - I thought it would be too funny when it popped out... But it never did! lol It just got really really flat. I mean...towards the end - you would have never known where and/or if I ever had a tummy buttom...it was that flush with the rest...
I love indios. One is never enough! lmao
Personally, I don't agree with forcing children to do anything (I am not talking about actual life and death situations here). Those types of situations, I personally feel, can often turn into a 'bully' type of situation. I am bigger, I said so, and I can make you type of situations. They are very conditional situations and many people here are striving for unconditonal parenting because of how that message is perceived by our children. Now - I can totally...
I have been dyeing all the old baby blankets purple to match our current bedroom (its lilac on the walls, dark purple sheets, all relaxing colours I thought hehe) and whilst I was folding them my son asked what they were and I told him that they were going to be blankets for our baby...he then says (quite out of the blue! lol...or purple? lol..)... "When that baby gets bigger, then we can have another one!" bless him! I said - "Daddy says no though"....his...