or Connect

Posts by kl5

Thanks for your thoughts. So frustrating! As a well-educated older mom, the baby stuff cabal is so incredibly infuriating.... (mini rant alert). For instance, if you need to buy a styrofoam pool noodle to properly install a carseat, it should be taken off the market and sent back to development! Or at least it should come with the pool noodle!! And insisting that the only safe way to use it renders it useless in probably 55% of cars on the road for the first 2 or 3 years...
Short story: tiny back seat ('04.5 Jetta wagon), big car seat (complete air 65), head bobbing when sleeping.   My LO is 11 months, 23 lbs., 70th for height. He has been in RF in the CA65 in the middle, slightly more upright than ideal, but he isn't in it too much, so it has been fine. But I recently had to make a long (10 hour, round trip) drive alone with him and wanted him to be able to sleep more comfortably, so I installed on the passenger side, more reclined,...
De-lurking for a moment to ask about gut flora population. 100 trillion is the number a few folks have mentioned here, and I am wondering if there is a reference for that? (Tried to click on the Sciencemag article linked, but can only see the abstract without a subscription.) Wikipedia says: "The human body, consisting of about 100 trillion cells, carries about ten times as many microorganisms in the intestines." So, that would be 1000 trillion. I don't know why this is...
So, there are two issues it seems. The first is the blocking option. It looks like that is offered for any site you click on and click back to the results list. That is how it worked for me, so I don't think it is any purposeful discrimination on Google's part with that feature. The other issue is the pages not loading. That seems to be a problem with the WAPF site itself not providing identity information to Google, and thus some of its content is getting blocked (maybe...
That is so bizarre and really infuriating. I am a researcher by profession and nature and Google is my, well, everything. I know they take a really hard line against tricks webmasters sometimes use to make their pages appear higher up in search results, often resulting in hits being buried pages and pages into a search result. But I have never seen the block option. That did not come up on my search, but results (except when searching explicitly for the Weston A. Price...
I had slimy brine in my kraut once too and I didn't eat it. I figured I used too little salt and it was a yeast overgrowth. I think there is a thread here somewhere. But I think a lot of people would eat it, especially if the smell is not offensive. Tingly is normal. Here is a Q and A from the Wild Fermentation forum: http://ww.wildfermentation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98&p=311 Do some more searching, you'll find there is a wide range of answers. Maybe try a...
We use ghee and it works and tastes great! If your pan is hot enough (at least this is true with our cast iron pans), you don't really *need* to add fat per se. But the ghee adds a nice nutty flavor IMHO.
http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1290504/spin-off-bra-free-support-thread Check out the bra-free support thread. A lot of woman have had great success going bra free for fibrocystic breasts.    
Two tricks that have been working well for me and my 6 month old: I do a nipple remove maneuver like the one described above (known to some as the "Pantley pull-off from NCSS), but instead I pull the nipple out of his mouth and at the same time (tricky at first), pull whatever clothing I am wearing over my nipple and while I am doing that, sort of push one finger gently into his chest to keep him from trying to latch back on. If he is truly ready to go down, it works...
I eat Lobster probably 6-12 times a year (DP is from northern MA) and have never had any reaction I have noticed. (I ate 10 lobsters on one 9-day trip to New England...) I am intolerant to gluten, but it is not a true allergy from what I can tell. No other issues with other allergies to foods or pollen or other irritants that I have noticed. Last night eating a lobster my throat and the back of the roof of my mouth got tingly, almost itchy. It is not something I had ever...