or Connect

Posts by BubbleMa

Congrats!!  :)  And now that you've broken the dam, the flood gates are open.  I expect at least 2 more BFPs this week.  NOT IT!   Is she still having enough dirty diapers?  I would do the Weston A. Price formula, or donor milk before commercial formula.  Or, even just making sure she's getting lots of the right nutrients in addition to whatever breastmilk she's still getting.  Commercial formula would be a last resort, for me.     Cristeen, I'm sorry you're not feeling...
Layla is in mostly 6-9, some 6-12.  She can even still fit into some 3-6 stuff.  Clothing brands vary so much, it's ridiculous.  I wish more brands sized like Hanna Andersson.  It makes it so much easier, and the clothes fit much longer!
Hello ladies!  :D   We're doing great over here!  Layla went through a phase at 8 months where she woke up every 1-2 hours at night.  It lasted about 4 weeks, but we're back on track now.  She's waking every 4-6 hours, so not really sleeping through the night but it's not bad.  Some nights she sleeps 6+ hours, but that's rare.   She's also "army crawling" all over the place!  It's so cute how she follows me around.  :)  And she's very curious, which I love. ...
Bone broth is an excellent first food!  So are egg yolks!  :)  But yes, before one it's just for fun.  I wouldn't worry about it at all yet.  I would keep trying other foods though, just to get her used to different tastes and textures.  Layla didn't eat a lot in the beginning, but then one day she just started devouring everything I put in front of her.  :)   Our trip went well, for the most part.  She had a really hard time adjusting to not being in her own bed.  :( ...
What's new with us:   We've started solids.  We've done some "finger foods", but she really loves mashed food.  Bananas, avocado, carrots, apples, and pears.  I don't puree it, I want her to get used to textures so I just mash it up and mix it with BM.  She LOVES it!!  Oh, I've also tried a couple "Happy Baby" organic foods.  They're pretty good.  They have some good combinations.  They're really smooth though, so I add a mashed banana.   She has also started...
My midwife had me taking grapefruit seed extract and then when I couldn't stand that she had me take apple cider vinegar.  I can't remember the dosage on the GSE, but I want to say 10 drops in a glass of water, 3x a day.  The ACV was one "shot" 3x a day.  Make sure it's the good stuff, with mother.
I've heard of that book, but haven't read it.   This is basically what we're doing: http://www.rapleyweaning.com/assets/blw_guidelines.pdf   So far I've given her avocado, pear, green bell pepper, and lightly steamed carrot.  She mostly just plays with it.  I have also given her unsweetened applesauce mixed with plain yogurt and she did okay with that.  Overall, I don't think she's really ready yet.  But I put her at the table with us and I'll put a slice of...
Layla did it too.  She doesn't have teeth yet, but I didn't want it to become a habit (like you said).  I tried saying no, and she smiled.  So I starting pulling her in towards me (like Sky said) and then put the boob away for a few minutes.  It worked.  She doesn't do it anymore.  :) Woohoo!  I can't wait to get a house and to go appliance shopping.  lol     :(  Some kids respond to "no" so hopefully it worked.
So cute!  They're getting so big!
Maryam:  Big hugs!  I hope the cleaning person helps!    Onemore, I PM'd you.  And I LOL'd at the stalker comment.  Too funny!