or Connect

Posts by Softmama

When I get my emai lfrom mothering letting me know about the updates in the threads I am subscribed to I get the following advisory: McAfee SiteAdvisor Warning This e-mail message contains potentially unsafe links to these sites: jtrk79.net   What is that about??
I have a brand new counted cross stitch christmas stocking kit.  It is father winter by Janlynn:  http://www.janlynn.com/detail.cfm?ID=6365 I literally just opened it today.  Sat down on my couch all ready to get into a new needlepoint project, tore open the package and realised it's counted cross stitch-the bane of my existance.  I am never going to do this.  I simply don't have the brain power. Are there any FIN mamas who enjoy a good cross stitch kit??  I would...
my 12 loaves of banana bread are all cooked and in the freezer (thanks to my ds1 who is an awesome baker and likes to do that with me at night) and (drumroll please) I have three jars of  cranberry/strawberry jam!!  That is my first attempt at canning and it went well (we kept a jar to sample for ourselves, yummy!).  So now I have to do that a few more times (my pot only holds 5 jars at a time).  WHOOHOO!  I am so happy to have finally done it!   The bread and jam...
rere- did you follow a pattern for those slippers?  so cute!
how about an icing layer out of a lighter pink that looks a bit dripped, circled in the middle but running down the sides so that you still see a bunch of the orginal pink layer.
Toolip, the brothers are 7 and 8. They are pretty gracious about accepting things from the 5 yo's skill level. Maybe I'll have him make christmas tree ornaments.
anybody have a cute craft/present that a 5 yo could do with limited help (for boys?). I am having trouble figuring out something my little one can do for his brothers.
Okimom, the scriptures and family activities are a neat idea. will you post some of your family activities as I'm always looking for new ideas. especially during the winter when the kids tend to get more bored. I have figured out some good crafts for the boys to do for each others presents. DS1 is an artist. So he is going to use fabric paint to do pillowcases for his brothers (on brother is really into baseball so his will be themed with his favorite team, the...
OK, so this is kind of cheating because I actually made this last winter after Christmas. But I can't wait to pull it out and use it for the first time. We had an advent calendar when I was growing up and I've always wanted one for my kids. I'm new at posting pics, hope this works: http://s742.photobucket.com/albums/xx64/softmama/ I also started to needle point christmas stockings for my boys back then (we had a massive blizzard and I got a lot done, lol) and just...