or Connect

Posts by Softmama

that makes sense, I didn't think of the jobs that are related to a school year schedule. and PPK, you might have the most flexible job I've ever heard of!! Two years and then you just showed back up, lol, that's pretty flexible Quote: Originally Posted by PPK Also, dh's school has a training program every summer and the people who attend fly in from all over the country and need a place to stay. We are always able to rent our place out (for the...
2 of my kids have broken their arms now. the first break we had he was very little (only 13 months) and required surgery and pins. His cast went all the way up to his armpit. So for him I had to cut a slit into the sleeves of all his shirts for them to fit over the cast or he had to wear sleeveless (so I guess it was good that it was in the summer!). The second break was my oldest and happened when he was 5. It was his forearm, so he was able to wear short...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber " and Dh said "well you haven't been invited yet, mom so that's a bit premature, isnt it?" It seems like there are three distinct issues here. 1. this isn't fair and you want her to be fair. 2. you need help. 3. you want your ds to bond with your MIL. other than wanting things to be fair, I think you need to really evaluate what exactly your child will gain from getting to bond with this woman. remember,...
eirual- good luck on your move! PPK- this is not snarky in the least, I'm actually really curious. How do you get the time to go away for a month? DH has two weeks of vacation through work but we cannot use it all at once just in case something comes up during the year and he needs to take a day off (like I get really sick or we travel to a wedding/funeral). I really really want to take family vacations but I feel like we are always watching his vacation days so...
Quote: Originally Posted by limabean All the better reason to move your kids' stuff to your bathroom during her visits, so that when she says she won't share the bathroom with the kids you can say, "Oh, I forgot to tell you, you'll be so glad! You get the hallway bathroom all to yourself this visit!" She'd sound like a loon if she then pressed to share your bathroom with you AND the kids! you're right. It's freakin brilliant The boys...
phew...you guys are making me feel much better about myself. Quote: Originally Posted by VillageMom6 T Why is this dear soul coming to stay with you again?? Because she is my mother and so the plot thickens, lol I HATE having her visit. but it's important for the kids to have a relationship with her. and we live several states apart (no accident there) so they see her only when she visits us or (how i prefer it) when we visit her (and we...
Tell me if I'm off my rocker here. My house has 3 full bathrooms. On the top floor with all the bedrooms is the master bath and one other full bath. My three sons (ages 8, 7, 5) use the other one and when we have overnight guests they use it as well (because it's on the same floor as the bedrooms and the last full bath is in the basement). I scrub it completely before a guest comes and then make sure to wipe it down every night so that nobody has to deal with the boys...
cristeen- I've tried a few things but keep having to throw batches away which makes me crazy. I was advised to add powdered milk to thicken it, but I use raw milk to make it and don't want to add the processed stuff to it because it kind of negates the good milk. I've tried heating it to a certain temp (can't recall off the top of my head) and I've tried just doing it at room temp. It is never creamy. any tips??
Does anybody use a yogurt making machine? I have tried to make yogurt several times the old fashioned way, but keep getting it way too runny to appeal to my kids. I tried adding gellatin and ewwww. So now I want to try a yogurt machine. But I'd like some recommendations if you have them. Thanks!!
Just checking in to say I'm still plugging away. We have stopped paying extra on our home equity loan for three months and have diverted that extra money to food (I am paying for a bunch of organic meat for my chest freezer and it will take me three months to save up for it). Then we should get back on track paying off the HEL early. It is finally below 20K and we started at 35K so that is pretty exciting! DH would like to start taking "real" family vacations, so...