or Connect

Posts by Softmama

lunarlady- I think the reason that DR does it with smallest loan first is based on the theory that money is not just math. If it was just math nobody would be in debt in the first place. Once you add in the human, you are dealing with math+emotions+habits etc. If it was just math, paying by interest rate would work. But add in the human and it most likely won't work. humans NEED to see some small victory in order to continue with a habit change (which is why most...
I LOVE the envelopes. There is just nothing like having your childs birthday come up and being able to pay for the entire party from an envelope (and therefore not having to blow the budget that month). I don't do envelopes for everything. But I do them for a lot of things. We started with just a few and have added as the months go by when we realize that there are things that continuously sneak up on us. So we start an envelope for them. I have one for our home...
Quote: Originally Posted by mtm bumpity, bump. How is everyone do9ing as we hit mid-month? doing good our deal on buying a newer used car fell through (it is done by lottery and we didn't get it). Which is bad news for dh who will have to drive the car we have, but good news for me because all that cash will go to the home equity loan instead. this will bring the HEL down to under 20K
Quote: Originally Posted by giddiegoof it is a large student loan that his parents took out without telling him (yes, it's in his name; he believed them when they said they were paying for college and signed papers without reading them well). . Are you kidding me???? Who does that to their child???? wow. as far as getting over the bitterness, I don't know what to tell you. I think I'd have to get good and mad, confront them about...
hello everyone and Happy June! I was so excited last month because it looked like our entire tax return was going to be sent off to the Home Equity Loan. I even colored it in on my little chart and then....the regrading of the yard (water pooling with potential to damage the foundation) was more than we had planned for (and still not done right, so maybe even more than that) ....dh's used car is on it's last leg, we fixed the AC and replaced the brake pads, and...
great news Stanlleymama
Dh's company FINALLY got the taxes done (and yes, they paid the late fees/penalties for us as it was their delay) and good news, we are getting money back and it is all going to the home equity loan I'm ecstatic This tax thing has been hanging over me (we really didn't know if we'd owe or not) and now its been lifted. We are still struggling to stay on budget so that we can pay down the home equity loan as quickly as possible. Sometimes I'm excited about how...
hello again Haven't posted in a long while and need to get remotivated. We are still plugging away at our HEL. I am hoping to put tax return towards that, but as of yet we STILL don't know if we are getting one (the company is filing our taxes this year due to dh's expat assignment needing to follow laws form both sets of countries. and the company filed an extension, so taxes STILL NOT DONE ) we forgot/procrastinated/put off making a budget for this month. sigh. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Smokering So you just can't win. Also, people at church will start nagging you to conceive right now. Like, in the foyer, if possible.
Quote: Originally Posted by mambera For those with planned close spacing, what did you do about breastfeeding? I see from a poll on the Family Planning board that it's common to take a year or more (up to 3 even) for cycles to return. I'm 9 mo PP right now and no sign of AF. Did you wean in order to get pg and if so, at what age? I think this really varies from mom to mom. My oldest was exclusively breastfeeding on demand when I got...