or Connect

Posts by Softmama

Quote: Originally Posted by proudmamanow So we just got back $874 in refunds from our medical & dental benefits package. So that puts us a very long way towards building up our emergency fund, which is very encouraging! That's fantastic! As far as the birthday party my opinion is whatever you've saved is what you use (even though it won't be much since it's only four weeks away). You cannot allow yourself an excuse to spend money you don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by eirual I don't want to bother with uploading more photos of our kitchen reno. I'll link to my FB album and leave it up for a day or two and hope it works without crazy stalkers! lol http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php...6&id=509269939 Grand total: $1,800 (can't complain about that!) wow, what a difference!! and on an amazing budget, good job!!
we found new renters Our current renter is Honda for their expat who is returning to Japan mid March (they had the house for two years). We just got it all fixed up to find new renters and Honda called to ask if they could have it for 3 years confirmed with an option to extend to 5 years!! They have another expat family coming over who have seen pictures of it and have requested it we will only have one week in between the renters which means we won't have to float...
do you have a "half priced book" store near you? I get a lot more selling my books to them then at a yard sale. they take dvds and cds too. if you don't have one in your area, call any used book store to see if they'll buy. I usually "join" my friends yard sale. She has four moms who all bring our stuff to her house, and we get an add in the paper and she convinces her neighbors to do sales that day too. You got to have the traffic or it's just no worth it. ditto on...
is there a free website I can use to post pictures so I can include links of my projects? I would love to share dh brought home WAY too many apples the other day (he made a quick stop at the store and decided to buy apples without realizing we already had a bunch) so I think I'll make some sort of apple crisp tonight. we have a ton of snow and one of my boys kept getting frost nip on his wrists (probably from snow getting between his hands and the gloves) so I took...
1jooj- if you do the tent let me know! My two little ones share a queen sized bed and I was thinking of making them some sort of tent over it. But I was thinking more of those hanging things (http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden...5/product.html) which I was hoping to make with a medium wire wreath and a bunch of fabric. IF I get anywhere with it , I'll let you know!
I'm here artparent! I bought some zebra stripped fabric and adhered it with starch to ds wall (he has a jungle themed room) and it looks so cute! I have enough left over to make a little curtain for his lower bunk so that it will be "like a fort" when he pulls it closed. Just have to go get a curtain rod for that. I have started an embroidered christmas stocking. I used to do counted cross stitch and had done stockings for me and dh before kids, but just couldn't get...
we are having an "emergency budget meeting" tonight. We own a home in another state that we couldn't sell, so we have renters in it. We have a contract with a rental company to handle that for us since we live so far away. Well the renter's lease is up next month and we are going to put the house back on the market for a few months to see if we can sell it. Otherwise, we'll try to rent it again (fairly quickly). Just found out that the yard is a disaster and it will...
I have a several pronged approach. 1. I agree with limiting the TV as it just makes it all worse. 2. If my kids start complaining about being bored I try to evaluate if I've given them enough of "me" or if I've been pushing them off all day. (I tend to disappear into the computer or chores or whatever and sometime this can be a wake up call for me to reengage with the kids) 3. I'll offer up one or two things that they are only allowed to do with me around "want me...
last month we got back on the bandwagon with the zero budget and I am proud to report that we only went $21 over. YAY us This month we might not get to throw much extra at our HEL. We have to replace our washing machine and keep up the sinking fund for our furnace (which is hanging in there, but on it's last leg). so some major expenses coming up. We also have a sinking fund going for some major yard work (we have a drainage problem that is going to start affecting...