or Connect

Posts by Softmama

Thanks so much! I have printed those out and am heading to the store!!
My sister is coming to visit with her son who has severe allergies. He is allergic to wheat, eggs, and milk. I would love to make a dessert for them while they are here. Does anyone have any cake (or any other type of dessert) ideas that would avoid all of those things? I have never had to deal with any type of allergies with kids and am at a loss. Thanks!
Just wanted to let you know that I am right there with you! We also have a toddler (16 months) and I am pregnant. I have had a total lack of desire since getting pregnant this time and dh is extremely frustrated by that. For a long time I tried really hard to make and effort and we were making love twice a week. I of course thought that was a lot and dh of course thought that was hardly anything! So I got mad (I am much more pissy when pregnant) and decided if he...
I have been experiencing really severe cramps on one side of my butt!!! Also having severe but fleeting cramps in my groin on both sides (low down, almost in the leg more than the groin). Has anyone heard of this? I am 37 weeks pregnant with #2 and never experienced anything like this the first time around. ANY suggestions would be appreciated as I am hobbling around my house. Thanks
Thanks for your replies. Definitely sounds like something I want to avoid. I will discuss it with the OB and then base whether or not I refuse additional internals on his response. He seems to half-listen to my requests so I've got a bit of a trust issue going. I guess I am just a little nervous about using an OB. I was able to use CNMs last time and they were wonderful. But we just moved, and there are no CNMs here. He does seem like a low intervention type guy,...
I am 36 weeks pregnant with child #2 and just found out that the OB I am using has a tendency to sweep/strip the membranes during and internal exam without consulting the patient. I am not sure exactly what that means, or why he would do it. I am assuming it is to induce labor? I am appalled that anyone would do anything to me without asking first and am considering just refusing internal exams. I don't think they have much to tell that is useful anyway. But it...
what worked best for me was eating protein every two hours. I would eat a handful of nuts, yougurt, cottage cheese, or an egg, anything with a substantial amount of protein to ward off morning sickness. It didn't sound like it made a whole lot of sense when the registered dietician first recommended it, but boy it made a world of difference. Good luck!