or Connect

Posts by Animal_Lady

Quote: Originally Posted by uccomama Salad, veggie sticks, fermented veggies and kombucha, aren't stictly part of the Primal Diet. If you are following the diet, I highly recommend getting A Recipe for Living without Disease, it has lots of great recipies for Primal Dieters. I do have to say, when I first started posting on MDC, I think back in 2002, I was the only person on the Primal Diet, I remember posting on Finding Your Tribe and got nothing, no...
Quote: Originally Posted by alaska That would scare the crap out of me! (Not the losing Ravelry part, though I definitely understand your pain!!!, but rather the "they've noticed I'm not working" part! YIKES!) -...how about just knit instead during those slow times It's not that I'm not working, but that I am a receptionist at the moment, and I have some MAJOR downtime for at least a few hours (spread out) a day. They are ok with me...
My company has blocked my computer from accessing ravelry. It is a very very sad day in my world. Ravelry is what kept me going through the incredibly slow, boring moments at my job without falling asleep.
I am EweSillyGirl on ravelry
Quote: Originally Posted by westcoastmom We have done salmon sashimi with avocado. Sometimes I cut the avocado in little strips and wrap a piece of salmon around it. I just a recipe for raw sushi and the "rice" was made with pine nuts and jicama I think it was, processed very fine and then whatever fillings you like. We do raw custards too, raw soups. Sometimes just a salad with homemade dressing, veggie sticks and avocado. Also fermented...
I am directing this question to the primal dieters. I am trying to eat more and more raw. I would like to get to the point where 98% of my diet is raw, along the primal diet thread. I am completely clueless about what to make for lunch. We have a very small kitchen at work: fridge, microwave, sink. I go right by the grocery store on my way to work, so I would have no problem picking up a few ingredients on a daily basis (avocado, tomato, mineral water.) But what do I make...
It just depends. I would start small, to make sure you won't have a reaction to it. Like a 1/4 of a teaspoon. I don't think it really has a taste, but the texture is sort of gritty. It IS pollen.... Anyhow, I put anywhere from 2 teaspoons to 1 tablespoon in my smoothie in the morning and blend it up. I think you really just need to experiment.
Quote: Originally Posted by ashesofyou I've been lurking for a while, reading off and on... but your post touched me mommabear... My mom and I sat down with my baby book and read a lot of different funny/embarassing/cute things I did when I was little. One thing she wrote when I was about three and a half was: I woke from a nap crying, crawled into her lap and told her that I had tried really hard to get here three times, but she wouldn't listen to me....
I would also recommend starting to do gauge swatches. It gives you a feel for the yarn on different size needles, and a feel for the pattern. As a bonus, when you have about a gagillion gauge swatches, you can always make a crazy quilt with them. Just buy an extra skein of yarn and try out different size needles on that yarn. It will help you learn if you are a tight or loose knitter. And it's fun to do if you want to cast on something new, but don't want to start a whole...
Quote: Originally Posted by cheesemaker From 5 gallons of whole Jersey milk, I get 1 gallon of heavy cream, which gives me about 3 lbs of butter. If your cream is lighter, you will get less butter; if you only take off the heaviest, thickest cream, you will get more. I have also found that if I culture the cream first (make sour cream, then churn it), I get double the yield of butter. I only make cultured butter now. Well, I would...