or Connect

Posts by mcjekka

Home with 3wk old twin boys. Here's my VBAC/twin/breech vaginal birth story: I delivered my DD via planned c/s because she was breech and I could find no support for a breech vaginal delivery. Pregnant this time with spontaneous identical twins, I worked hard to find a doctor who would let me attempt a vaginal birth. Luckily I work in labor and delivery and know lots of docs and midwives. No hospital would allow a midwife to deliver me and I didn't feel comfortable...
You gals!!! Just wanted to say thankyou for putting heads and hearts together to reply. I love the way we take care of each other. I have read/heard about studies that show that women respond to stress by "tending & befriending" while men do the "fight/flight" in the same situation. Thank goodness for the balancing act. Just wanted to update the situation. Had a conversation with the counselor. She wants to see dp by himself for a few weeks because he's got some...
I am so sorry about your frustration. My dd started to get fussy at the breast, arching her back and refusing to latch, but also refusing to be comforted any other way. We tried an elimination diet after nothing else worked to comfort her (i.e. swaddling, baby wearing, taking walks, quiet dark room, soothing voice, etc.). First dairy, with no improvement, and then wheat. It was like magic. Within a couple of days she was a different baby. So I stayed off wheat for 14...
Thanks for responding. Sometimes I think that we could live together and simply co-parent. I think I'd at least like to do that until I know where to go and what to do. And I think he'd rather we "look" like a family for as long as possible. I think the main thing keepin us together is how it'd look to his family if we split up. It's not as if we're being nasty with each other. We just don't love each other as romantic partners. I don't know how I'd do the whole...
This is my first post in a long time (maybe ever). My partner and I conceived 10mo. into our relationship. Our dd is 27mo. and my partner is still not interested in getting married while I have been adamant about wanting that for us. It's where we agreed we were going from the beginning. He comes up with one reason after another and I'm tired of being criticized and not good enough to marry. We've been in couple's counseling since I got pregnant and it's the only...
Hello all A good friend introduced me to the site. I just logged on and registered today, so I'm still a little slow on the uptake. I might need some help with the abbreviations. As an introduction, I'm expecting my first baby in mid-July (making me 34.1 weeks preggers today). I live in northern CA with my partner, Alan. We moved from SF across the Golden Gate when we found out 'bout the baby....to a much more layed back and baby friendly Marin County. ...