or Connect

Posts by mamahart

I read a series by Mercedes Lackey started with Joust- might be a little racey...nothing I really remember- awesome dragon training series.  
I am looking for a bit of support.  I have two 15 yr old daughters and a 7 yr old son.  My sort of "immediate extended" family is about 25 people, which is so lucky for me.  Anyway my cousin who I see everyday- is down visiting her brother for the birth of his first child- her dad becomes unexpectadly ill in a life threatening way, his mother comes to see him and falls down the stairs! and will die tonight or tomorrow. My sweet cousin, who has a 4,3 and 1 yr old is...
This is a curious thread as my extended family is dealing with pertussis.  Our pediatrician actually refused to test for pertussis and said that all extended coughs were being diagnosed as pertussis in unvax'd kids.  So I am wondering about how accurate the numbers of actual pertussis cases are here in WA state.  

I am really sorry you're suffering.  I had such crazy post c-section stuff,  I'm still trying to figure it out.  My oldest -15 yrs ago- was a pretty intense emergency c.  I actually have a bi-cornate uterus and my kids were breech with no hope of turning.  However I ended up with endometrial masses along my suture scar that proceeded to get really big and active!!  So another surgery to remove them. There was more in between- but I recently had a hysterectomy with the...
I only have a minute, but I was so challenged when my dd was 13 and at 15 I feel like I sort of have my "sea legs" or "teenage girl legs"  I find things a heck of a lot easier and seem to have developed some tools and reference points. Primarily, I really really try to listen as long and carefully as I can- even if it's hard.  Lots of listening and lots of understanding.  I'll try and get back on later this week.
My ds is 7 and I have been sooo challenged by the attitude and also just not listening/responding to me.  I was reading something though about this being a tough moment for kids as far as establishing power/autonomy and there is a lot of insecurity about "who they are".  I have been following the recommendation of tons and tons of affirmation, you're a great person- I love how you are so good at____, thank you for being so kind, loving, generous etc It has made a huge...
Yep.  Still hanging on here- I drove on a donut for 3 weeks until I came up with the $ for a new tire- then the other one blew.  We are still working with our landlords on our extremely late rent payments and I will be begging for utilities not to be turned off again today. However- my sweet hardworking husband got another part time job which will be great if we can just get caught up. I am having massive back pain this month and cannot even think straight-...
They seemed interested in the Implanon bar- I lean towards pills or patch to start with then maybe the depo- shot?? I want to see how the hormones affect them first- but ultimately it's up to them. I'm curious about how other have dealt with this either with children or in their own lives.