or Connect

Posts by 1stTimeMummytoLore

Have you seen the Living Math site? There are some great ideas there. There are two storybook series that lend themselve to co-op classes and using living books to illustrate math concepts. One is the Warlord Series by Virginia Pilegard (set in Ancient China) and the other is the Sir Cumference Series by Cindy Neuschwander (set in the Middle Ages.) I'm doing a 5-6 session co-op class with the Sir Cumference series in the spring. I can't find the link right this...
we go year round, so we'll finish up this year at the end of July, take a week or so off and officially start the 2009-2010 school year on August 10th.
you're very welcome! i love to share!
my twins just turned 3yo this past week. and i have to say that i think i've dry docked my leaky boat at last. is life "the same" as it was pre-twins? heck no. and why would it be? life wouldn't be the same again even if the twins had been just one baby #2. the addition of any children changes the dynamic permanently. but the culture shock of adding baby #2 and #3 at the same time was intense, no doubt. the first year was about sheer survival. i did what i had...
here's one you can try out and it's free, so the risk is minimal! this is a cute little sight that balances phonics and whole language learning. and IMHO it is very parent user friendly and a great low key introduction to reading. the author, Ms. White, is planning to have the complete series uploaded by the end of this year, but there are enough Alphabetti books already up to get you started. You just download the .pdf files and print them out yourself. You do have...
there's also this- http://bringinguplearners.com/mosaic/ which we used this year and enjoyed. this was a great way for us to do the Ancients. just select Mosaics 1 and you'll see the different outline options, including SOTW. and these- http://barefootmeandering.com/homeschool/planning/ which we are planning to use this coming year to help me plan out the Middle Ages. scroll down and you'll see planning pages by time period for SOTW in .pdf format.
oh thank you! birthday party disaster averted! :
I checked this book out from the library and saved a recipe for my twins' b-day party tomorrow. now I can't read my writing! can someone who owns this look at the Apricot Glazed Almond Cupcakes recipe and post or PM me how much almond meal I need to use? TIA!
Also, spend some time up on Hoagie's. It is a fabulous clearinghouse of information on gifted kiddos-- to include homeschooling and addressing the needs of 2E children.
Another fan of Ellen McHenry here. And ITA that it is 100% secular. Not just that-- it has real substance to it. Like a kid will walk away from this really ready to handle higher level chem later. We got both The Elements and Carbon Chemistry. I'm also hoping to get my hands on the sequel to The Elements when it comes out.