or Connect

Posts by 1stTimeMummytoLore

: off to check my mail box. i too love the smell of a fresh RRC catalog! July is spending month for us, so I better get crackin' on polishing up my wishlist!
FRIDAY- We woke up late and ended up eating breakfast in the car since I was worried about getting downtown on time for one of our HS co-op's field trips. Somehow, even with having to pull off the highway and explain to Apollo that he may not climb out of his seatbeat on the 65mph roadway (or ever for that matter) we managed to get there early. So we sat in the car and had bananas for a little while before piling out and heading in to the art museum. The museum split...
kittywitty-- I think we have read that one. I get a lot of recommendations for material like that from the Unitarian Universalists children's reading recommendations. earthmama369-- it is a blast, no doubt. but also sometimes totally exhausting, which i think people not in our shoes don't understand sometimes.
THURSDAY- We got up this morning, scarfed down some breakfast, packed up some lunch and took off for a homeschool music and art class. About halfway through the music class, Athena came and sat in my lap to talk. She told me that she didn't want to go to this class anymore because she only likes to listen to music, not sing. The class is over for this session anyway, so I told her no problem. Between the music part and the art part, we had lunch. The art part was...
WEDNESDAY- Today was our at home day. We got up and had breakfast together. Sometimes over breakfast, I read snippits of different spiritual material and we have a low-key discussion about them. Sort of like a morning devotional, except that we're not Christian so I don't use the Bible very often. Right now we're reading and talking about stories from a book called Hide and Seek with God. We read a story about God's many names and talked about it for awhile. ...
Yes, We just use the Teacher's Manuals except for the Practice books-- those we get both.
I found some books about twin babies in general when I was looking for my eldest before my twins were born, but nothing with an older sibling of twins. I don't know if your DD watches any television, but the best thing for us was Dora the Explorer believe it or not. I got the Super Babies DVD (so there wouldn't be any commercials, like on Nickolodean) and we watched the first two episodes of that disc over and over again. Dora is the big sister of b/g twins (exactly...
We are really lucky to be surrounded by a huge (from my point of view anyway) inclusive eclectic homeschool community here. Michael Clay Thompson's language arts materials are published by Royal Fireworks Press. You can check them out here: www.rfwp.com/mct.php Ruth Heller's stuff is fun. We were reading Mine, All Mine yesterday. Have you seen Brian Cleary's books? Those are hysterical!
TUESDAY Today was the last park day for one of our homeschool groups, so the kids were so excited when they woke up, that was all they were focused on. I, however, woke up with a migraine. We had breakfast and I tried to get my headache under control before we left for the park. The weather was breathtakingly gorgeous when we stepped out the front door. We were at the park for most of the middle of the day. I've recently joined the Leadership Team for this group. ...
MONDAY: We were sort of slow to get going this morning. We ended up watching a family tv show last night and then reading an extra chapter of The Last Olympian before everyone was finally in bed and asleep, so we slept in a bit this morning. The kids watched Sid the Science Kid while I made breakfast and had some coffee. We had breakfast and while Athena was finishing up her food, we read a bit on the eye and the ear from the Kingfisher First Human Body Encyclopedia...