or Connect

Posts by 1stTimeMummytoLore

Thanks everybody for cheering my hubby's homecoming! He's adjusting well and can't get enough of our VERYVERYVERY squirmy baby in my belly! I have a question for you all from a first time mummy. My midwife keeps asking me if I've had any Braxton-Hicks and I keep telling her the same thing---- I don't know and I'm not sure I get this feeling in my belly sometimes that I would compare to the same way a "stitch" in your side might feel after running a lot. It's in...
Ladies-- I'm soooo excited, I just had to share!!! My husband got home from Iraq on Saturday, so he's home for the baby!! We went to our first midwife appointment together on Tuesday and we're going to Bradley birthing classes hand in hand tonight!! Thanks to all of you on this and other forums who shared good vibes and encouraging thoughts with me while he was gone! Also-- to any of you who still have a loved one over there, you are all in my prayers for a...
You ladies cannot imagine how happy I was to read all these posts. I don't know why, but I swear I felt like I was the only pregnant woman in the world having "weight issues." I'm 30 weeks and I've gained about 35 pounds at this point. And the general public just does not help. Some people say to me- "Are you sure you're only having one baby?" and then others tell me- "You look too small to be having a baby so soon, are you sure you're eating enough?" ...
Spent last Christmas/New Year's almost entirely in bed with DH ag "making baby" as he liked to say. (had insta-sore breasts a few days after ovulation) Found out for sure three weeks later at the doc's office DH spent next 2 months swaggering around Iraq with his Army buddies randomly yelling out "One shot, one kill, baby!" whenever someone congratulated him on his future DD/DS Maybe I should make him work for the second one??: Kate expecting our first...
Hello ladies- I am due with our first on 22 September- so I guess that makes me 27 weeks as of today! I've just started posting and was delighted to find a thread for mummies-to-be with similar timelines. So far physically I'm doing great. I have gained a little more than my midwife would like at this point (30 lbs at 26 weeks) but no one believes me and everyone says I look fabulous for almost 7 months pregnant. I think all the weight has stayed in my tummy, hips and...
......me! Hello all! My name is Kate. I am a first time expectant mummy. Our little Miss Lorelai is due to arrive in about 15 weeks and I cannot wait. I just hope that her daddy (currently in Iraq) can make it home in time. Poor guy has missed everything from heartbeats to ultrasounds so far and I know it's just killing him. He's as supportive as he can be, but I've also been exploring other ways to get support from other Mummies and Mummies-to-be which has led me...