or Connect

Posts by boringscreenname

We have a 37 inch in the Living Room and a 19 inch in the Bedroom. I never really watch much tv and never watch the one in the bedroom. DH does occasionally before bed though.
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks Unlikely Disciple The Know It All: One Man's Humble Quest to Become the Smartest Person in the World The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Quest to Follow the Bible as Literally as Possible The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment My Lobotomy The Little Prisoner Autobiography of a Face Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat Who Touched the World Oogy The Dog Only a Family Could Love The Invention of...
I just have a mini digital photoframe that's loaded with a bunch of pictures of the kids. Bought it for $12.
DS loves my laptop and my keyboard. He managed to pull one key off, but I was able to get it to snap back on. I had to line it up perfectly and then push hard on it, but it did snap back on, and works fine now. Then about a month ago, DD spit up and somehow managed to nail my keyboard, even though we were sitting on opposite ends of the couch. It messed up about 5 keys that I use frequently. I can still use them, but they add extra letters, symbols or numbers, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Peony DS was the same way, in fact he just started walking by himself less then 2 weeks ago. He is 17 months old and could of walked months ago but didn't want to. Now he did and was practically running the next day. My DS was the same way except he didn't start walking until he was 19 or 20 months old. Nothing wrong with him, just stubborn. Now he's 2, and runs all over the place getting into everything.
My first pregnancy I did the 1 hour glucose tolerance test, and failed, but passed the 3 hour, and it was never an issue. Now I'm pregnant for the second time and failed the 1 hour test by 1 point. They wanted my level at 129 or lower, and mine was 130, so I did the 3 hour and again passed it just fine. Now my OB/GYN is telling me that after the baby is born I have to take the 3 hour test again, because I apparently have a 50% higher chance of developing diabetes...
All of my maternity leave is going to be unpaid too. I can take 12 weeks of FMLA, but not a dime of it will be paid by the company I work for. Also I only have 32 hours of vacation time to use, the company I work for offers no way to accrue sick time or PTO. And the kicker is they prepaid my vacation time on my 1 year anniversary, and just cut me a check, so even when I use the vacation time I won't be getting a paycheck. I'm also not eligible for short term...
When my ex and I moved into a new apartment, we moved some stuff into the new place but stayed at our old place for one more night. The next morning we came to the new place and discovered someone had broken in and stolen our futon mattress, a couple blankets and 5 DVDS. Guess they had everything they needed for a movie night.
I wouldn't think anything of it. We were out today and saw a little boy riding in a stroller. Later DP commented to me that the boy looked to be at least 7, and that he thought the boy was too old to be riding in a stroller and that the parents were just being lazy. I didn't think the kid looked that old, maybe 3 or 4 at the oldest, and who knows maybe he's just a big kid for his age which I pointed out to DP. I also told him that it was probably easier for the...
If she didn't want her DS to drink the juice right then, why did she give it to him in the first place? That seems kinda mean to me. I mean if someone handed me a brownie and said, "Here you can hold this and look at it, but don't eat it until I say so," then I'd probably eat it anyway and I'm an adult. It just seems unreasonable to me to do that to a child. Anyway glad you said something, and didn't condone her behavior.