or Connect

Posts by mzminty

To anyone recently certified in Lamaze, from what I can tell, the 2011 study guide is available online only, and it's pricey to boot.  I'm not really good at reading a text on a computer screen (or Kindle or anything like it), so I tried searching for a used copy of the 2006 study guide, but got no results.  It also looks like if you sign up for a seminar with another group, you can pay a base fee which includes a study guide and a discounted Lamaze membership.  Can any...
Desiree, what pain in your rib?  
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad you said that about burning the roots!  I don't understand exactly what you mean by that, but had definitely planned on setting the tree right on top of it!  Thanks very much for your reply!  
So my placenta is in our freezer and I want to plant it with a tree.  I live in the northeastern US and it's just starting to get warm (i.e. not snowing anymore).  We don't get a lot of sun on our lot, and where there is sun, it's really hilly.  Any ideas on what would be a good, hardy tree to plant?  I would hate for it not to flourish with my placenta buried under it!  I'm very hesitant to just buy anything and plant it, because I've never planted a tree before....
They are all so cute...and so talented!!!   Maia turns 5 months in a couple of days.  At her 4 month appointment she was almost 12 pounds, so she's not as big as a lot of yours, but is definitely chunking out in her own way.  She's had a cold off and on for a few weeks now, but it doesn't seem to bother her much.  Unfortunately, we've all been sick, so I'm not surprised that she caught something!  She started waking up a ton more at night a little over a month ago,...
We were planing on having another baby, but weren't going to start trying until late summer or early fall.  We had planned a fabulous vacay/belated honeymoon to San Fran/Napa for June.  My cycle was getting later and later and I kept telling my husband I was afraid I was pregnant.  He kept saying there was no way.  March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, my husband was at work and had asked me the night before to wait to take a pregnancy test until he was home the next day.  I...
Ellen, my dh is a firefighter and we are in fear of the same legislation... 
Crazy that November 2011 DDC is up, huh?  I remember I found out I was pregnant on St. Patrick's Day last year! (I could've found out sooner, but I was in denial!)    I'm looking forward to enjoying spring (if it ever comes) and summer this year since I didn't really get to appreciate it last year, being so sick.   Catie, I'm sorry you've been dealing with so much sickness!  And Heather, I hope the frenulum-snipping ends Eliana's problems!   Maia is 3 months...
Desiree, sorry about your period.  That *really* stinks.    And hugs to all the mommas still processing their birth stories.   Unfortunately, I think that we as a group, feeling how we do about the birth experience, and having all of the knowledge we have, our expectations are so high, and we see the birth as something that defines us and stays with us.  And consequently, that sets us up for disappointment.  Not like we shouldn't expect that we can have the "perfect"...
Ok.  So we're back from seeing the breastfeeding medicine doctor.  Basically, I wish I could've see her from the beginning, because I think we could've avoided months of pain and suffering, but by the time we saw her, we'd pretty much worked most of our issues out.  From what she said (and I agree), Maia may have had some birth trauma issues but she's mostly worked them out (newborns are very good at working through their own musculoskeletal issues if they're not too...